: Student AccountsLocations:
: Binghamton, NYPosted:
: Mar 29, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timeRef. No.:
: 49957Position ID:
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget Title: Senior Staff Assistant (SL-3)
The Office of Student Accounts is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Assistant Director. The successful candidate will demonstrate intellectual curiosity, possess a strong commitment to providing excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment, and a strong technical aptitude.
Reporting to the Associate Director, the Assistant Director's principal responsibilities include the following:
- Provide excellent customer service through phone and counter interactions
- Supervise two staff members and coordinate backup duties
- Manage the SUNY cross-registration process from a billing perspective
- Oversee see the Federal Student direct loan revenue expense journal processing and reconcile direct loan funds monthly
- Manage and maintain abandoned property processing and required reporting, per NYS and SUNY policy
- Perform bank related tasks such as but not limited to positive pay decisions and void check processing
- Manage the student accounts general email and associated FAQ updates
- Complete various cashiering duties such as but not limited to: miscellaneous receipt review, daily deposit approval, cashier session review
- Assist with the department's online presence and marketing efforts by keeping the website content current, engaging and on track
- Assist with Banner system software maintenance as it relates to Student Accounts
- Assist with account balance collection efforts by working with students and authorized payers
- Work collaboratively with other campus offices to maximize University efficiencies and resources
- Bachelor's degree and two or more years of progressively increasing responsibilities with proven office administration and customer service skills
- Professional written and oral communication skills
- Strong technical aptitude and analytical skills
- Demonstrate commitment and excellence in customer service
- Efficient in time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced, customer service office
- Tolerance of ambiguity, flexibility, and a sense of humor are essential
- Strong technical aptitude
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Prior supervisory experience
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website https://www.binghamton.edu/offices/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Deadline for Internal Applicants: April 14, 2022
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.