PG191440EPInternal Recruitment :
Business Analyst/Developer, OnBase & Sharebase Enterprise Document ManagementAnticipated Hiring Range:
Commensurate with qualifications and experienceWork Schedule:
8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday with some weekends and evenings as requiredJob Location:
Raleigh, NC (may be eligible for hybrid schedule and/or remote)Department :
Enterprise Application SvcsAbout the Department:
Enterprise Application Services (EAS) in the Office of Information Technology (OIT) division at North Carolina State University. EAS is responsible for the design, implementation, operation, enhancement & maintenance of the University’s enterprise business applications. This includes: development, operation & maintenance of all enterprise administrative systems including: OnBase Enterprise Content/Document Management, ShareBase Secure Document/File Sharing Services, Identity Management (IdM), Self Service Password Management, System Access Request (SAR), Financials, Advancement, Human Resources, Student Information Systems, etc., Configuration management, Enhancements, Application Integrations and Campus wide support.Essential Job Duties:
OIT Vision: Be the IT organization people seek out as a partner for providing visionary strategies, creative solutions, objective information, and effective and efficient services in order to help them achieve their mission and goals.
OIT Mission: To provide nimble, effective, efficient and collaborative IT services, solutions and strategies in a timely and helpful manner that assists the university, state and nation in achieving their strategic goals.
The primary purpose of this position is to gather requirements, design, develop and maintain the University’s Enterprise Content/Document Management System (OnBase by Hyland) and Enterprise Document/File Sharing Service (ShareBase by Hyland). This position is an expert in functional business process understanding and advanced technical solutions, using this expertise to implement advanced and highly complex software solutions with minimal supervision. This position is responsible for business process automation/design/documentation working closely with customer departments.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Change request evaluation; business requirements definition, functional and technical specification development; coding; system integration; unit, system and load test plan development and execution; code migration; production support; system configuration & maintenance, developing/executing regression test cases for application, database, infrastructure upgrades and coordinating across customers and OIT teams.
- Experience in OnBase technologies: configuration & development experience in the following: Core document management functions, Transcript Capture Solution, Financial Aid Solution, Full Text Search Module, DIP Processing, Advanced Capture OCR, Barcode Processing, Batch Scanning/Acquire, Unity Forms Design/Implementation, EForms, COLD processing, Reporting Dashboards, SSO, Virtual Print Driver, Workflow, Scan Queues, API, custom Web Services, External Autofills, Custom Queries, Document Retention and Records Management, etc.
- Experience in ShareBase technologies: configuration & development experience in the following: ShareBase, Security, ShareBase/OnBase integration.
- Assist with Security access certification reporting, Ultra-sensitive data auditing
- Strong communication skills, collaboration, and organization skills. Experience working with a broad user base (ex: central office and campus wide customers), ability to develop and deliver customer training for OnBase and ShareBase implementations.
- Ability to interact positively and communicate appropriately with team members, campus representatives, customers, vendors, IT support staff and all levels of management.
- Ability to combine strong functional, conceptual and technical knowledge with a strong understanding of customer requirements to offer customer solutions to problems in a very practical, timely and efficient manner. Customer service skills are critical.
- The following system integrations are also managed/developed/supported: Student Information System, Human Resource, Financials, Advance Gift/Donor Management, CVM Hospital applications, SLATE Admissions, InfoEd Research Applications, Engineering Applications, etc.
- This position is also required to keep abreast of Document/Content management, Financial Aid, OCR, EDI, industry standards, strategic directions and best practices to incorporate into NCSU architecture.
As a team member, this position also provides technical or functional guidance and support to the team and provides daily technical decision-making with broad and often institution-wide impacts that affect other systems, students, faculty and staff. Other Responsibilities:
Other duties as assigned.Minimum Education and Experience:
Master’s degree and at least one year of relevant experience; or Bachelor’s degree with at least two years’ of relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience.Other Required Qualifications:
- Possess strong judgment, leadership, communication, diplomacy, collaboration, and organization skills.
- Passion for learning and problem solving
- Must be able to work independently and manage time in an multi-project environment
- Demonstrated experience in implementation of Enterprise Content Management & Reporting solutions
- Oracle database experience plus creating complicated SQL queries.
- Demonstrated experience in requirements gathering, business analysis, preparation of functional & technical specifications, Software Development, System Configuration, User Acceptance test scripts, Project documentation.
- Experience working with sensitive data in document management environment
- Ability to independently, quickly, and efficiently identify and solve technical problems that can impact a large number of customers.
Required License(s) or Certification(s):
- Experience in a higher education environment
- At least one of the following OnBase certifications:
- OnBase Certified System Administrator (OCSA)
- OnBase Certified API Developer (OCAPI)
- OnBase Certified Workflow Administrator (OCWA)
- Proficiency in relevant technologies in Hyland OnBase product/modules, Hyland ShareBase Module, Hyland ShareBase/OnBase Module Integration
- OnBase, API, Workflow development platforms
- Programming skills:.Net, Java, creating web services, HTML programming
- Experience with ServiceNow support software or comparable system
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
02/08/2022Anticipated Close Date:
Open Until FilledSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
This position may be eligible for hybrid schedule and/or remote.Position Number:
EHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Mandatory - Fire/Explosions, Mandatory - Medical Emergencies, Mandatory - Hazardous Material Incidents, Mandatory - Transportation Accidents, Mandatory - Evacuations/Natural Hazards, Mandatory - Utilities/Infrastructure Failure, Mandatory - Threats of Violence/Terrorism/Interpersonal EmergenciesIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
515001 - Enterprise Application SvcsAA/EEO:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.