The Head Women’s Basketball Coach at Macalester College is seeking to hire a full-time Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach to assist in the leadership and direction of all phases of a successful and competitive women's basketball program. The Assistant Coach will assist with facility and event management, and provide support to captains and student athlete leadership.
Practice and Competition
- Assists the head coach in the organization, preparation of practices and in conducting safe and strategic individual and team training sessions and competitive strategies.
- Executes appropriate coaching decisions during practice and competition that ensure the welfare of the student athletes representing their program.
- Assists with the setup and preparation for home events.
- Assists with arrangement and supervision of transportation, lodging and meals in connection with off-campus competition.
- Ensures that the team represents the college at the highest level while off-campus.
- Assists the head coach in the development and incorporation of a comprehensive recruiting plan that shows successful results for the recruitment, yield and retention of academically and athletically qualified student-athletes in a rigorous academic environment.
- Serves as an effective recruiter for the program working within the parameters of Macalester, MIAC and NCAA rules.
- Recruitment strategy results in healthy roster numbers and a competitive program against scheduled opponents.
Facility & Event Management:
- Oversight and reservation system for Men's/Women's general locker rooms.
- Oversight of Men's/Women's Varsity Locker Rooms.
- Completes and is responsible for concession stand inventory.
- Organizes and manages Leonard Center Reservation Setup Sheet.
- Trains Building Supervisors as it relates specifically to the reservation system.
- General building oversight and game management.
- 1-3 years of successful coaching experience required. College Coaching experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s preferred.
- Knowledgeable in practice and training modes, competitive strategies and effective, sustained, and results oriented recruiting program. Creates a positive, organized and enriching experience for the student athletes involved in the program. Understands and has experience recruiting Potential Student-Athletes.
- Effective teaching methods and excellent leadership, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, students, parents and alumni from diverse ethnic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- General proficiency in current office computer technology, including admissions, scouting and recruitment software.
- Management and organization of recruiting records and all information necessary for the operations of the program.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to work within the framework of college policies, MIAC regulations, and NCAA Division III philosophy and rules.
- Works with various departments and personnel at the college such as the Registrar's office, Dean of Students, and other campus offices to aid in the development of a positive student-athlete experience. Contributes to a positive, team-oriented working relationship within the athletic department and with departmental staff.
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a full-time, salaried position with an annual salary and access to Macalester’s Benefits package.
To be considered for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume in one pdf via Macalester’s Employment Opportunities page. Candidates who apply by April 13th will receive priority consideration. This position will be posted until filled.
All inquiries regarding this position can be directed to:
Talent Acquisition Manager
Macalester College - Institutional Overview
Since its founding in 1874, Macalester has provided students with the inspiration, insight, and experience to become successful and ethical leaders. Located in St. Paul, Minnesota, Macalester enrolls nearly 2,100 students who come from virtually every state and 91 countries. Macalester is committed to being a preeminent liberal arts college known for its high standards of scholarship and its special emphasis on internationalism, multiculturalism, and service to society.Macalester is proud of its longstanding commitment to social justice and creating a safe environment for all people regardless of sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, gender, religion, age, or ability. Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities and women.BenefitsMacalester employees enjoy a fantastic benefits package and working environment that is second to none. Please visit http://www.macalester.edu/employmentservices/benefits/ for more information about benefits at Macalester College.Our Commitment to Safety in response to COVID-19:For the safety of our community, Macalester requires all employees to have received a COVID-19 vaccine. Should a newly hired employee be unable to receive the vaccination for either medical or religious reasons we offer accommodations and assistance.Questions or concerns about this process should be directed to Bob Graf, Director of Employment Services, at [email protected]