Director of Postdoctoral Affairs
The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs (OPA) serves a critical role in supporting our postdoctoral community. It provides resources and programs to help maximize the success of our postdoctoral trainees (both postdoctoral fellows and postdoctoral scholars) while at Penn State and in planning for their careers as they transition to academia or industry. OPA programs are offered throughout the year spanning professional and research training programs, networking activities, resume development, and professional speaking. OPA organizes workshops on creating individual development plans, exploring careers options, preparing for academic and industry careers, and providing a portfolio of events to support all aspects of their training and development toward independent careers.
The Director of the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs has the responsibility for planning and implementing Penn State's postdoctoral professional development and career development program. This includes the following responsibilities:
- Developing a strategic plan for programing offered by the OPA, implementing programs aligned with the strategy, and tracking appropriate metrics that assess effectiveness of the programs offered
- Managing the budget and finances of the OPA
- Submitting proposals for external funding to expand the programs offered
- Providing oversight of postdoctoral policies, consulting with relevant institutional offices, including Human Resources, General Council, Faculty Affairs and others to advise the Sr. Vice President for Research on recommendations for change as may be needed based upon external and internal factors and managing changes as appropriate, and implementation of these policies
- Serving as the central source of information regarding appointment, renewal, and termination of postdocs
- Serving as the central point of contact for the postdoctoral community to address questions and to provide assistance
- Collaborating with Penn State's academic colleges, Commonwealth campuses, and research institutes to expand research and training opportunities for postdocs
- Coordinating with peer institutions on best practices, activities, and opportunities.
This position will report to the Associate Vice President for Research and Director of Strategic Initiatives within the Office of the Senior Vice President for Research.
This position typically requires a Bachelor's degree or higher plus 6 years of related experience (Master's degree preferred) or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Candidates with a PhD and 3+ years of related experience are strongly preferred.
This position will require successful completion of standard background checks.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusive excellence that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusive excellence as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/University-Park-Campus/Director-of-Postdoctoral-Affairs_REQ_0000027547-2
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/
, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency