A national leader in experiential and interdisciplinary legal education, the University of Denver Sturm College of Law is widely regarded as one of the nations most innovative and ascendant law schools. Located in a beautiful, distinctive, and economically vibrant metropolitan area, the Sturm College of Law offers a full-time JD program, a part-time weekend JD program, a set of pioneering and nationally recognized Masters programs, various dual-degree programs, and a variety of certificate programs (in animal law, constitutional rights and remedies, corporate and commercial law, environmental and natural resources law, intellectual property law, international law, and workplace law). The law school features an accomplished and highly professional staff, a community of nationally recognized scholar-teachers, an outstanding and diverse student body, and roughly 17,000 alumni who have achieved careers of distinction in law, business, government, public interest, and other professional domains.
As a key member of an innovative, dedicated, and highly effective Technology team at the Sturm College of Law, the Evening and Weekend Media Technician will provide technical assistance to faculty members, staff (in areas such as alumni relations, career development, and student services), and student organizations at the Sturm College of Law, with a particular focus on technical support for classroom instruction, conferences, and other technology-enhanced communications and events. The successful candidate would be expected to work principally on evenings and weekends.
The principal responsibilities for the position include:
- Providing audiovisual and media assistance to faculty members at the Sturm College of Law.
- Coordinating classroom and event videoconferencing, including events coordinated by law school faculty, staff, and student organizations.
- Scheduling lecture and event media capture.
- Assisting with the creation of classroom and departmental video productions, such as adding course materials to web pages and video streaming to course and departmental web pages.
- Setting up and operating audiovisual equipment as needed.
- Assisting with the maintenance of media infrastructure.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- A strong customer service orientation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to prioritize multiple workflows.
- A high degree of professionalism.
- A commitment to inclusive learning.
- Knowledge of both PC and Macintosh platforms.
- A high level of experience with Microsoft Suite programs, including PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of lecture capture software, such as Panopto.
- Extensive knowledge of videoconferencing applications such as Zoom.
- Knowledge of video output technologies such as HDMI, USB-C, display port, and VGA.
- The ability to adapt, trouble shoot, and innovate.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues within the law school and across the campus.
- A demonstrated capacity to learn, adapt, and develop new competencies as needed.
- Two years of relevant work experience
- Flexible schedule, with the ability to work evenings and weekends
- Familiarity with learning management systems
- Prior work in an academic environment
This position will typically work Monday-Thursday 3:00 pm - 8:00 pm each week, as well as Saturday and Sunday 8:00 am - 6:30 pm every other weekend.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number:
The salary grade for the position is 6.
The hourly range for this position is $20.43-$23.00.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university's educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university's complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see non‑discrimination‑statement.
All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.