We are seeking an HR Generalist
who will support the interdependent human resources and payroll activities of various departments within the Institute for Basic Biomedical Sciences, Institute for Cell Engineering, and Department of Neuroscience. This position provides a wide range of human resource management and consulting services that include employee relations, counseling, problem resolution, performance management, salary administration, compensation analysis, benefits administration, management training, organizational development, staffing needs and employment/hiring issues, diversity awareness, identification of professional development opportunities for staff, records management and credentialing.
This role works as a liaison and in consultation with central and divisional HR, Benefits, Payroll, Registrar, JHU Legal Counsel, mySupport, TMOD, Office of Institutional Equity, Office of Postdoctoral Affairs and the departments. Demonstrates high level of competency and effective management and resolution of faculty and staff relations issues. Spcecific Duties & Responsibilites:Human Resources
HR (Compensation, Credentialing)
- Serves as an independent and effective HR practioner to provide a wide range of human resources support and consulting services amongst various departments for this consolidated service center covering the following: recruitment and employment, compensation administration, planning and analysis, employee relations (including grievance resolution, disciplinary action, RIF's, FMLA, STD, termination), training and education, personnel records management, HR policy interpretation as well as information dissemination.
- Serve as the lead in implementing and training new HR policies as they are defined.
- Is the first and primary point of contact for management, faculty, and staff with regards to human resource policies, procedures, and practices for JHU.
- Oversees and implements office services such as payroll, personnel records control, JHED administration, and e210 system administration. Monitors e210 compliance.
- Assists and advises employees on sick time, vacation time, holidays, leave of absence, family medical leave, payroll, tuition reimbursement, flexible fringe benefits, deductions, etc.
- Acts as a liaison to the School of Medicine's employment recruiters and compensation analysts for the department.
- Submits all position requisitions. Coordinate the employment process by working with faculty, staff and administration.
- Responsible for onboarding new staff to ensure an efficient and smooth process.
- Responsible for coordinating initial departmental efforts related to staff that require short-term disability and Family Medical Leave (FMLA).
- Assists in gathering sensitive information for appeals, disciplinary actions and other personnel matters.
- Responsible for exit interviews for terminating or transferring employees, retrieval of badges, answering questions relating to final paycheck, etc.
- Provides guidance and makes recommendations to departments on appropriate starting salaries and promotional salaries for faculty and staff to ensure maintaining balance of equity.
- Advise administration on matters concerning salary compensation.
- Collaborates with management and Compensation Department regarding position up-grades, equity and reclassification issues.
- Ensures fair and competitive compensation; including conducting equity analyses, monitoring internal and external competitiveness of salaries, and assessing internal position classification issues.
- Reviews internal job comparisons for equity purposes.
- Develops job descriptions for new positions.
- Supervises a Credentialing team of 2 and oversees process for appointments of new faculty and postdoctoral students, reappointments and promotions, including visa-related paperwork and applications, ensuring accuracy and completeness of information.
- Responsible for answering and counseling faculty and staff on interpretation of HR policy and procedures related to recruiting, employment positions, FMLA, STD, timekeeping (e210), and SAP.
- Manages investigations with regards to disciplinary actions and consults with JHU legal when necessary.
- Assist departmental leadership in developing departmental/divisional policies and procedures that comply with those of JHU SOM.
- Collaborates with the management in collecting and evaluating information, and making recommendations in support of current efforts to comply with new JHU policies and/or federal laws and regulations.
- Advises management as well as HR Central, HR issues and school-wide project and initiatives, that requires collaboration, informing, and request for guidance.
- Attends monthly HR Manager Meetings within School of Medicine and communicates information to department administration.
- Supervises a Sr. HR Coordinator.
- Works with management and Central HR in managing grievance processes and investigation.
- Advise management on the disciplinary process and the documentation needed. Gather sensitive information for management and Administrator on grievances, disciplinary actions and other personnel matters.
- Responsible for generating payroll documentation (including promotional letters, termination letters, salary reduction letters, and payroll forms) for compliance as related to the approved fiscal year budget.
- Coordinates merit review/Annual Review process through myPerformance.
- Uses SOM guidelines to determine merit increases; communicates changes to staff.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Assists in analysis of financial impact to departmental budgets of new staff, staff raises, bonuses, etc.
- Serve as liaison with university areas such as the SoM Business Office, Dean's Office, HR, Payroll, Tax Office, relating to HR/payroll issues.
- Prepares ad hoc reports for administrators as related to departmental budgets and salaries.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or other related field.
- 3 years of progressive experience in a professional human resources capacity.
* Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Preferred Qualifications:
- Five years of progressive experience ina a professional human resources capacity.
- Experience in higher education is a plus.
- 2 Credentialing Coordinators and 1 Sr. HR Coordinator.
Classified Title: HR Generalist
Starting Salary Range: $51,210 - $70,480 annually (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M - F, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: School of Medicine Campus
Department name: IBBS Human Resources Management Services
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at [email protected]
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-HR-Generalist-MD-21205/866653800/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency