Touro College invites applications for a full-time 12-month faculty position in the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program. Join our collaborative supportive faculty in preparing the DPTs of the future. Candidates should have contemporary expertise and knowledge in the area of neurologic physical therapy and will be responsible for teaching neuromuscular topics within the curriculum.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Professional service
- Student advisement
- Participation in departmental and college wide committees.
- Academic Doctorate (Ph.D. Ed.D. D.Sc.) in Physical Therapy or related area preferred or a clinical doctorate with specialist certification.
- Doctoral candidates will also be considered.
- Applicants must be licensed or eligible for physical therapy licensure in New York.
- ABPTS certification
- Previous teaching experience in higher education
- Five years of clinical experience
- A record of scholarship as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications and conference presentations.
Touro College is an equal opportunity employer. Touro College treats all employees, job applicants, and students without unlawful consideration of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), age, disability, medical condition, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military service or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We are committed to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy in all decisions, including but not limited to, recruitment, the administration of educational programs and activities, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, placement, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff, suspension, expulsion and termination, and all other terms and conditions of admission, matriculation, and employment.