Financial Data Analyst
Dean of Research, Stanford, California, United States
The Office of Technology Licensing (OTL) was established in 1970 to manage the intellectual property assets of Stanford University. OTL evaluates, markets, and licenses technology owned by the University. OTL's mission is to encourage effective technology transfer for the public benefit as well as generating royalty income for Stanford to benefit research and education. OTL is one of the country's most active offices in the field of technology transfer from the university to industry. Our staff, most of whom are professionals engaged directly in licensing, manages over 3,000 active dockets.Our VPDoR Diversity Journey:
- We create a hub of innovation through the power of diversity of disciplines and people.
- We provide equitable access and opportunity to all members of the community in order to do their best work, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- We listen to and value all colleagues who bring diverse perspectives to the advancement and development of a respectful community.
- We promote a culture of belonging, equity, and safety.
- We embed these values in excellence of education, research, and operation.
Office of Technology Licensing is looking for Financial Data Analyst to join our Finance team. This role will perform moderately complex finance functions and/or activities related to budgeting and forecasting. This role requires specific knowledge, skills, and broad application of policies, precedents, and systems within context of internal policies and external regulations. This position will work with other teams across the office, particularly licensing team and it will contribute to different projects by using financial data to spot trends and extrapolate into the future, helping the team and the office to create appropriate strategies and make financial decisions. CORE DUTIES:
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:Education & Experience:
- Perform structured analysis; conduct data mining; identify, clarify, and investigate discrepancies and exceptions; proactively develop solutions and processes.
- Maintain, reconcile, review, combine, and validate financial data sets and accounts, utilizing financial reports, financial databases, and key financial information.
- Contribute to development of budget, forecasting, and analyses to be used for key activities or decision making.
- Run and analyze financial reports, often from multiple systems; assist in preparation of management information reports.
- Resolve issues within immediate work unit; Perform preliminary analysis, recognize exceptions and recommend solutions that may require policy changes or the development of new processes.
- Ensure works complies with complex internal policies and external regulations which may require interpretation.
- Participate as a member of a project team and contribute to change management strategy through communication and collaboration with others.
- Serve as a first line resource to client groups on matters in work unit.
- Understand and participate in cross training on core functions in work area or unit; serve as a back-up to other functions.
- May supervise the day-to-day activities and provide on the job coaching and training to other staff, as needed.
Bachelor's degree and two years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Certifications and Licenses:
- Advanced proficiency in business applications, such as Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
- User knowledge and demonstrated experience of financial systems; internet and computer literacy.
- Understanding and ability to apply basic accounting skills and concepts.
- Demonstrated communication skills, including ability to prepare materials for and clearly and effectively
- communicate information to internal audiences and client groups.
- Basic project management skills and ability to contribute as part of a project team.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Constantly sitting.
- Frequently perform desk-based computer tasks, use telephone, writing by hand, sort/file paperwork.
- Occasionally stand/walk, lift/carry objects weighing 11-20 pounds.
- Rarely reach/work above shoulder.
- Routine extended working hours during peak cycles; travel to school/unit sites across university.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture
and unique perks
empower you with:
*The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.*Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/2971989
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency