Clinical Research Coordinator B/C (Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care)
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website
for the latest information. Posted Job Title
Clinical Research Coordinator B/C (Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care)Job Profile Title
Clinical Research Coordinator BJob Description Summary
The Clincal Research Coordinator will participate in all phases of clinical research, including study design, protocol development, submission to review boards, subject recruitment and enrollment, study visits and regulatory compliance in one or more studies within the Advanced Lung Disease Research Group. Studies may be investigator-initiated or industry-sponsored Phase I-IV trialsJob Description
The Clinical Research Coordinator will participate in all phases of clinical research, including study design, protocol development, submission to review boards, subject recruitment and enrollment, study visits and regulatory compliance in one or more studies within the Advanced Lung Disease Research Group. Studies may be investigator-initiated or industry-sponsored Phase I-IV trials.Clinical Research Coordinator B:
Participate in and coordinate clinical trials within the Pulmonary Division. The person will support a diverse group of investigators, involving work on a wide spectrum of clinical trials ranging from phase I to IV, investigator and industry initiated, different disease states and varying complexities. Involvement in trials will range from consulting to serving as the primary coordinator for a study handling all coordinator activities such as:
Assist in development of study documents. Communicate with study team members and regulatory review boards. Recruit, consent and screen patients according to protocol. Schedule patient visits and any necessary testing. Conduct patient visits. Monitor patients per protocol requirements and ensure adherence to protocol requirements. Organize and maintain all documentation required by the Investigator, sponsor or CRO, includes source documentation, case report forms, and research charts. Collect, review and report study data. Complete case report forms and resolve data queries. Process and ship study specimens including blood and urine. Participate in initiation, monitoring, audit and close-out visits. Participate in study team meetings, and ongoing protocol training. Assist in the development/maintenance of study specific case report forms and source document tools. Show vigilance in patient safety, protocol compliance and data qualify. Adhere to all University of Pennsylvania, FDA and GCP guidelines.The Clinical Research Coordinator C
is expected to perform the duties above with more limited supervision from the project manager. In addition, will develop complex documents such as protocols and consents, lead team meetings, and may take a lead role in study communication with internal and external groups. Work directly with investigators to design, set-up and execute studies. Accountable for making sure study timelines and goals are met. Independently move a clinical trial through each phase of development, resolving issues and queries with input from a supervisor as required. Management of clinical trials and will need to use more independent judgment.Qualifications
Effective problem solving abilities; effective communication and writing skills; strong organizational and time management skills; flexible and able to multi-task; demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently; knowledge of IRB and human research protection regulations; prior experience in gene therapy trials preferredCoordinator B:
Bachelor's Degree with 2-4 years of related experience in research and clinical study methodologies or equivalent combination of education and experience is requiredCoordinator C:
Bachelor's degree required and 3-5 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.Working Conditions
Office, Library, Computer Room; Requires extensive safetyPhysical Effort
Typically sitting at a desk or table; Occasional lifting 25 lb. or lessJob Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Perelman School of MedicinePay Range
$43,919.00 - $66,183.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Perelman-Center-for-Adv-Medicine/Clinical-Research-Coordinator-B-C_JR00049997-1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency