Asst Prof/Assoc Prof/Prof - Dept of Pediatrics - Academic PhysicianLocation:
Tulsa, OKOpen Date:
Jan 7, 2022Description:
- Direct Supervisor: Department Chair
- FTE: 100%
- Appointment Type: Consecutive Term
- Title/Rank: Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor
- Primary Location: OU-Tulsa Schusterman Campus in Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Candidates expected to participate in scholarly activity, presentations, and research endeavors.
- Provide general pediatric patient care, teaching to residents and students, providing educational programs for trainees and CME presentations, clinic research desired and scholarly activities related to general pediatrics, teaching methods, and community health policies are expected.
- Duties may include inpatient attending responsibilities in the hospital, and perhaps in schools and other community settings, as the Chair assigns.
- Other duties as assigned by the Department Chair and/or other appropriate University authority.
- MD, DO or equivalent degree
- Graduation from ACGME accredited Pediatrics residency.
- Possession of a valid and unrestricted Oklahoma medical license (by date of hire), good references, and an exemplary practice history (as applicable).
- Board Certified or eligible in Pediatrics by the American Board Pediatrics or the American Osteopathic Association.
Preferences (Not Required)
- Sub-specialty training in child abuse, endocrinology, or infectious disease.
- Previous academic medicine experience.
- Extensive experience with health quality metrics such as PQRS, Meaningful Use, HEDIS, NCQA, VBM, MIPS, STAR and others.
- Experience with a wide variety of payor models and population health delivery models.
- Have an understanding of the Triple Aim, Chronic Care and Clinical Microsystems Models.
- Have experience in models of quality improvement such as the IHI Model for Improvement, Six Sigma, Lean, Adaptive Design, TQM (and others) as well as the tools of improvement to include AIM’s driver diagrams, PDSA, process mapping, quality measurement, statistical process control, and reliability theory.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
- Applicants are required to provide a CV and Cover Letter.
The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to: admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, or health care services that the University operates or provides.
The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving an equitable, diverse, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Mission of the University of Oklahoma
The Mission of the University of Oklahoma is to provide the best possible educational experience for our students through excellence in teaching, research and creative activity, and service to the state and society.