Asst Prof/Assoc Prof/Prof - Dept of Family & Community Medicine - Academic Physician AssistantLocation:
Tulsa, OKOpen Date:
Jan 5, 2022Description:
- Direct Supervisor: PA Program Director
- Appointment Type: Consecutive Term
- Title/Rank: Assistant/Associate/Professor
- Primary Location: OU‐Tulsa Schusterman Campus in Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Teaching: Provide formal classroom instruction, course coordination, course evaluation, and student assessment for assigned courses in the didactic phase. Teaching includes utilization of the simulation center to provide experiential learning opportunities, including procedural training. Specific duties include participation in the Physician Assistant Longitudinal experience, including the supervision of physician assistant students in clinic, and implementation of course objectives. Serve as formal academic advisor to assigned group of students.
- Scholarly Activities: Assist with program accreditation and self‐study, obtain continuing education requirements, and participate in other activities that lead to new knowledge in areas that are consistent with the needs of the program and the profession.
- Service: Participate in general Program coordination, Admissions Committee, Student Progress Committee, and other roles as indicated. Ensure adherence to ARC‐PA Standards and assist in program preparation for ARC‐PA accreditation. Duties will also include time spent in a service capacity participating in college and university committees in order to address the objectives of the University of Oklahoma School Of Community Medicine. Serve as a professional role model for the PA students and as an advocate for the PA program and profession, including participation in state and national PA organizations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Department Chair and/or other appropriate University authority.
- Master’s degree or higher. Current NCCPA certification and an unrestricted Oklahoma medical license (by date of hire). Exemplary practice history and good references.
- Preferred teaching and/or administrative experience in PA education or other healthcare related field. Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
- Applicants are required to provide a CV and Cover Letter.
The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to: admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, or health care services that the University operates or provides.
The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving an equitable, diverse, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Mission of the University of Oklahoma
The Mission of the University of Oklahoma is to provide the best possible educational experience for our students through excellence in teaching, research and creative activity, and service to the state and society.