Asst Prof/Assoc Prof/Prof - Dept of Emergency Medicine - Academic PhysicianLocation:
Tulsa, OKOpen Date:
Jan 6, 2022Description:
- Direct Supervisor: Department Chair
- FTE: 100%
- Appointment Type: Consecutive Term
- Title/Rank: Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor
- Primary Location: OU-Tulsa Schusterman Campus in Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Provide instruction for medical students and residents both in a clinical and academic setting.
- Serve as CORE faculty and assist within the Program Development and core content curriculum as needed and directed by senior leadership within the department.
- Support Residency and student rotations, including lectures for didactics and providing instruction in the clinical setting of the Hillcrest ED.
- Support department chair, program principals, and academic administrators in implementing strategies to recruit/retain and continuously develop a faculty that is talented, productive, interdependent, and fulfilled;
- Credibly represent the Department and the SCM to local, regional, and national organizations; and actively engage in strategic activities of high impact and visibility.
- Experience in building partnerships across departments and colleges, with businesses, the community and other institutions as well as prior experience in a medical university setting preferred.
- Other duties as assigned by the Department Chairman and/or other appropriate University authority.
- MD, DO, or equivalent degree
- Board certified or board eligible pursuing board certification in Emergency Medicine through the ABEM or ABOEM.
- Unrestricted license to practice medicine in Oklahoma (by date of hire), good references, and an exemplary practice history (as applicable).
- Graduation from ACGME or AOA accredited residency.
Preferences (Not Required)
- Previous academic medicine experience.
- Extensive experience with health quality metrics such as PQRS, Meaningful Use, HEDIS, NCQA, VBM, MIPS, STAR and others.
- Have experience in models of quality improvement such as the IHI Model for Improvement, Six Sigma, Lean, Adaptive Design, TQM (and others) as well as the tools of improvement to include AIM’s driver diagrams, PDSA, process mapping, quality measurement, statistical process control, and reliability theory.
Applicants are required to provide a CV and Cover Letter.Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to: admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, or health care services that the University operates or provides.
Mission of the University of Oklahoma
The Mission of the University of Oklahoma is to provide the best possible educational experience for our students through excellence in teaching, research and creative activity, and service to the state and society.
The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving an equitable, diverse, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.