Asst Prof/Assoc Prof/Prof - Dept of Psychiatry - Academic Psychiatrist/PsychologistLocation:
Tulsa, OKOpen Date:
Jan 7, 2022Description:
- Direct Supervisor: Department Chair or other appropriate administrative role.
- FTE: 100%
- Appointment Type: Consecutive
- Title/Rank: Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor
- Primary Location: OU-Tulsa Schusterman Campus in Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Clinical supervision and teaching for residents, fellows, and students on a variety of clinical services as assigned with an emphasis on outpatient, inpatient, and/or community psychiatry. This may include, but not be limited to assignments at Laureate Psychiatric Hospital, Tulsa Center for Behavioral Health, Saint Francis Hospital, and in OU Health Physicians facilities.
- Develop a clinical care practice in the OU Health Physicians Tulsa clinics. Responsibilities will include provision of psychiatric evaluation, treatment, and consultation in outpatient, inpatient, or integrated care models.
- Participate in the delivery of resident, fellow, and student curriculum, as needed, including the evaluation of residents and students assigned to you.
- Conduct scholarly activity related to the study, innovation, and improvement in the provision of psychiatric care.
- Call responsibility for general psychiatrists will be at a frequency of approximately 1:9 weeks. This includes weekend rounding with residents and students and backup phone coverage for the department’s clinical practice and inpatient residents during the assigned call week.
- Other duties as assigned by the Department Chairman and/or other appropriate University authority.
- MD, DO, PhD, or equivalent degree, depending on profession
- Possession of a valid and unrestricted license to practice in Oklahoma (by date of hire), good references, and an exemplary practice history (as applicable).
- Physician applicants must be graduates of an ACGME or AOA accredited residency and be board certified or eligible in Psychiatry, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry or another related specialty.
Preferences (Not Required)
- Experience treating patients in a wide variety of practice settings with a wide variety of payor models and population health delivery models.
- Previous academic medicine experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
- Applicants are required to provide a CV and Cover Letter.
The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to: admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, or health care services that the University operates or provides.
Mission of the University of Oklahoma
The Mission of the University of Oklahoma is to provide the best possible educational experience for our students through excellence in teaching, research and creative activity, and service to the state and society.
The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving an equitable, diverse, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.