Asst Prof/Assoc Prof/Prof - Dept of Family & Community Medicine - Academic PhysicianLocation:
Tulsa, OKOpen Date:
Jan 5, 2022Description:
- Direct Supervisor: Department of Family and Community Medicine Chair
- FTE: 100%
- Appointment Type: Consecutive
- Title/Rank: Assistant/Associate/Professor
- Primary Location: OU-Tulsa Schusterman Campus in Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Teaching: Duties include preparing lecture topics for residents and students, coordinating curriculum with residency review committee guidelines, and assisting in the preparation of the program information form for the residency. The faculty will participate in the education of family medicine residents and medical students. This may include supervision of outpatient and inpatient care and teaching activities including lectures and conferences, small group discussions, and teaching rounds. Supervision of prenatal and inpatient obstetrical care is desirable. These activities are expected to result in very high quality learning experiences for family medicine residents and medical students
- Scholarly Activities: Obtain continuing education requirements, and participate in other activities that lead to new knowledge in areas that are consistent with the needs of the program and the profession.
- Service: Duties will also include time spent in a service capacity providing the care and supervising of resident clinical services, helping coordinate the resident teaching service, participating in hospital service, and serving on hospital and university committees in order to address the objectives of the University of Oklahoma School Of Community Medicine.
- Other duties as assigned by the Department Chairman and/or other appropriate University authority.
Application Instructions:Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
- Qualified applicants are required to be ACGME or AOA board certified or board eligible in Family Medicine or other appropriate specialty, hold an MD, DO, or equivalent degree
- Board eligible physicians must become board certified at the next examination date. Preference will be given to those who have experience with obstetrics within a family medicine setting.
- Applicants must also be eligible for an unrestricted Oklahoma medical license.
The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to: admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, or health care services that the University operates or provides.
Mission of the University of Oklahoma
The Mission of the University of Oklahoma is to provide the best possible educational experience for our students through excellence in teaching, research and creative activity, and service to the state and society.
The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving an equitable, diverse, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.