Sr. HR Coordinator
The Depatment of Radiology is seeking a Senior HR Coordinator
who provides a wide range of human resources support and consulting services to the department managers, supervisors, staff and administration covering the following: recruitment and employment; salary administration and analysis; employee relations (including grievance resolution, disciplinary action, termination); training and education; information management; Performance management, benefits interpretation, personnel records management, Payroll responsibilities, HR policy interpretation, as well as, information dissemination. Specific Duties & Responsibilities:Employment:
- Works with managers to initiate the request paperwork for a position.
- Submits all position in the NEXUS system and follows up as needed. Follows the process through all steps until posted for applicants to apply.
- Assist in the employment process by interviewing candidates as HR rep in the department. Partnering with Central recruiting to ensure the correct process is followed in the offer process.
- Makes sure new employee is onboarded and in SAP correctly.
- Employee will be responsible for working closely with Human Resources to ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are followed, including the adherence to state and federal laws regarding FMLA, and other labor laws.
- Responsible for coordinating initial departmental efforts related to staff that require Family Medical Leave (FMLA) and Short Term Disability (STD Parental leave and Birth Recovery Leave. Will work with divisional administration, supervisors, and SOM and JHHS HR representatives on submission of paperwork related to this area.
- Handles KRONOS approval for the department for all JHH and JHHS staff (560 employees).
- HR Management.
- Assist HR Manager and divisional leadership in developing departmental/divisional policies and procedures that comply with those of the SOM.
- Review and monitor the access of employee and process ZSR's as appropriate to ensure employee has network and system access.
- Track and sends reminders for flu and Covid compliance.
- Assist in gathering sensitive information for the grievance process, disciplinary action, and other personnel matters.
- Assist with initial exit interviews for those employees terminating or transferring; signing of original time record, retrieval of badges and keys, answering questions relating to final paycheck, etc.
- Assist with attendance issues and other Employee Relation actions.
- Handles introductory period employees by checking in on their progress, advising next steps, and working with HR manager if termination is necessary. Handles introductory terminations with employee's direct supervisor at direction of HR manager.
- Assist in facilitation of team building events.
- Coordinates annual merit review and introductory review process and notifies divisional management. Uses SOM guidelines to determine merit increases; communicates changes to staff.
- Partners with the business office, faculty office and post doc office to ensure the correct documentation is received.
- Oversees the payroll process for transactional submissions.
- Processing ISR's for position create, LOA and complicated bonus transactions. Backs up HR Coordinator with all other ISR transactions.
- Processes all Critical shift pay and Sign-on on bonuses for JHH and JHHS. Tracks employment so second bonus is paid out at 1 year of employment.
- Assist in SAP needs for Radiology Bayview as needed.
- Verify necessary paperwork has been received from new faculty, post-docs, and residents and assist with I9 as necessary under the SOM established procedures.
- Additional duties as needed.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Is the primary person responsible for the myperformance initiative for Radiology. This includes tracking review, goals and checkpoint inputs.
- Assist in the facilitation of open sessions to reeducate on the new program.
- Reviews goals for each of the 7 divisions to ensure they have substance and meet the smart definition.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or other related field and three (3) years related experience.
- Additional experience may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.*
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for the required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. ** Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
Classified Title: Sr. HR Coordinator
Starting Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30-5
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Hybrid/School of Medicine Campus
Department name: SOM Rad General Administration
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at [email protected]
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Sr_-HR-Coordinator-MD-21287/866268500/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency