This is an Emergency Essential position.
This is a skilled position performing maintenance and repair work in the Building, HVAC, and Plumbing trades. An employee in this class works in a variety of trades at the journeyman level in the maintenance and repair of public buildings and equipment. Work involves maintenance and repair work of a routine and advanced nature that is carried out independently through work assignments or dispatched calls. Work involving trades outside of the two main journeyman level trades identified for this position will be assigned in accordance with the employee’s level of competence.
The days and hours for this position are Sunday - Thursday 0700-1500.
- Two (2) years of experience as a Maintenance Repairman 1
- Four years of experience in building and plant maintenance work, which has involved at least HVAC and Plumbing work
- any equivalent combination of experience and training that affords the applicant with the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Prior work experience in the maintenance and repair field in a higher education environment or a facilities setting.
- Working for HVAC or Plumbing contractor within the past 4 years.
- Experience working with a work order management system (CMMS)
- History of continued education or trades/technical course training.
- Handheld computer skills experience
Applications & Resumes will be accepted until position is filled, however; to ensure full consideration, application materials should be received no later than close of business September 15, 2022.
The starting salary of this position is $37,144 per the AFSCME contract
All applications for this position must be submitted via our online application/resume system ONLY. Please do not fax, mail, or e-mail any documentation.
Successful interview, reference checks, background clearances (PA Criminal, Child Abuse Clearance & FBI Clearance), and demonstration of ability are requisite qualifications for all positions.
The University is very interested in hiring employees who have had extensive experience with diverse populations.
Kutztown University is an AA/EOE/member of the PA State System of Higher Education and actively solicits applications from women and minority candidates.
Kutztown University does not discriminate in employment or educational opportunities on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. To discuss a complaint of discrimination, please contact the University's Title IX Coordinator located in the Office of Social Equity, Old Main A-Wing, Room 02, by phone at 610-683-4700 or by e-mail at [email protected] or the Office for Civil Rights located in the Lyndon Baines Johnson Department of Education Bldg., 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202-1100, by phone at 800-421-3481 (TDD: 800-877-8339), by fax at 202-453-6012, or by e-mail at [email protected].