Associate Professor or Professor - Alfred J. Verrecchia Endowed Professorship in Business Analytics and Artificial IntelligenceJob Description Summary, Duties and Responsibilities, Required Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications:
The search will remain open until the position has been filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by April 27, 2022. Second consideration may be given to applications received by May 11, 2022. Applications received subsequent to second consideration date (May 11, 2022) may not be given full consideration.Union:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The College of Business at the University of Rhode Island is seeking applications for the Al Verrecchia Professorship in the field of business analytics and artificial intelligence. The endowed professor or associate professor, depending on experience, will participate in a collaborative research environment, connect with alumni and corporate partners, and help develop, refine, and deliver offerings that increase employment opportunities for College of Business graduates.
Applicants must have expertise in the field of business analytics and artificial intelligence at the organizational, platform, market, or industry levels that can strengthen the regional, national, and global reputation of the College of Business and the University of Rhode Island. Candidates should have excellent research, as evidenced by publications in or under advanced consideration at top journals, such as journals that appear on the UT Dallas or Financial Times journal lists, or that are recognized as the top journals of a discipline. The endowed professor or associate professor is expected to be an effective communicator who can bring recognition to the college through scholarship, successful acquisition of grants, collaborations with faculty inside and outside of the College, attraction, and retention of diverse learners, and relationships with industry that lead to impactful research and enhance experiential learning opportunities for College of Business students.
1. Ph.D. in business or field relevant to analytics and artificial intelligence.
2) Journal publications in applied AI or business analytics areas.
3) Demonstrated ability to effectively teach courses in one or more of the applied use of business analytics, artificial intelligence, and/or machine learning for business.
4) Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
5) Demonstrated experience in building/nurturing relationships with the business community and industry on business analytics and artificial intelligence topics and implementation strategies.
1. Active engagement with industries related to business intelligence and artificial intelligence.
2. Proven track record of garnering grants from quality organizations such as NIH, NSF, DOD, DOC, Gates Foundation, and MacArthur Foundation.
3. Demonstrated teaching experience in areas of business analytics and artificial intelligence such as Programming (e.g., R, Python), Data Visualization, NoSQL Database Management, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence in a business context, Blockchain technologies, data privacy, or ethical uses of information.
4. Evidence of efforts to increase diversity in programs or business professions that apply business analytics or artificial intelligence.
5. Demonstrated experience collaborating with faculty in other disciplines.
6. Publications in or under advanced consideration at top journals, such as journals that appear on the UT Dallas, Financial Times journal lists, or journals recognized as the top journal in the discipline.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.
AAUP - American Assoc of Univ ProfessorsStatus :
Academic Year, Full-time, Tenure-track, PermanentDepartment:
Dean, College of Business Contact(s):
Please note: Job applications must be submitted directly online only at: (https://jobs.uri.edu)Campus Location:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach the following 5 (PDF) documents to your online Faculty Employment Application:Position Number:
(#1) Cover letter.
(#2) Curriculum Vitae.
(#3) Other Document – Teaching Evaluation.
(#4) Other Document – Teaching and Research Philosophy (as one complete doc.).
(#5) “Other Document – References” – the names and contact information of three professional references.
03/28/2022Open Until Filled:
YesQuicklink for Posting: