The Macalester Fund at Macalester College is seeking to hire an Assistant Director to manage its Outreach Center program. The Outreach Manager maintains the program and leverages multi-channel outreach to solicit Macalester Fund donations and support broader college engagement efforts through student-to-alumni/parent communication. The Assistant Director of the Outreach Center increases the number of donors beginning, renewing, and upgrading their financial support of the college. Additionally, this position recruits, trains, and manages alumni volunteers from assigned class years to achieve overall donor and dollars giving benchmarks for those class years.
About the Macalester Fund:
The Macalester Fund is the annual giving arm of Macalester’s Advancement team, supporting Macalester students who influence change for the better across the globe. Gifts to the Macalester Fund support all aspects of Macalester and provide broad, annual, and essential support for everyone in the Macalester community. The nine person Macalester Fund team works collaboratively to develop community-centric engagement and fundraising strategies to secure annual gifts from alumni, parents, faculty, staff, students, and parents. We approach our work through an equity lens, and pride ourselves on being innovative and forward-thinking.
Outreach Center Management:
- Maintains a strong student multi-channel outreach program to achieve fundraising and engagement goals.
- Hires, trains, supervises, and coordinates 25 student employees.
- Ensures that student employees are provided training, information, support, and encouragement needed to experience success and to convey a genuine sense of connection to Macalester in their outreach.
- With support from the Advancement Info Services team, use Slate CRM from Technolutions to build queries to enable student outreach.
- Partners with the Senior Associate Director to quantify and analyze results of student outreach to make appropriate adjustments in strategy.
- Recruits and manages Class Agents from assigned class years.
- Serves as an ‘expert’ in those years and influences messaging and fundraising tactics and strategies to be particularly effective with those decades, resulting in increased participation and dollars raised overall in each of the class years in those decades.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- Engages in and promotes Macalester’s culture of diversity and inclusion, encompassing individuals of any heritage, identity, status, or orientation.
- 1-3 years of experience fundraising, volunteer management, student management, and/or call center management.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Valid Minnesota Driver’s License.
- Volunteer management strategies, solicitation strategies.
- Ability to analyze trends and make recommendations.
- Manages multiple projects and continual process improvement.
- Google, email, database, social media tools, Slate CRM tool.
- It is expected that all Advancement employees:
- have an appreciation for the value of a liberal arts education
- are able to work respectfully with sensitive and confidential information
- build positive, professional relationships that underscore confidence in advancement among colleagues, across campus and with our constituents
- Demonstrates the commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Actively engages in learning and practicing principles of social justice and inclusion to increase individual capacity to support institutional changes that create and sustain a more welcoming and inclusive environment across the Macalester Community.
The Macalester Fund sits on the third floor of an office that does not offer access to an elevator or lift.
Compensation & Benefits:
The total compensation for this position includes an annual salary of $48,000-$53,000 and Macalester’s Benefits Package.
Those interested in applying, should submit their cover letter and resume in one PDF via Macalester’s Job Posting. Priority will be given to candidates who apply by April 7th but the position will be posted until filled.
All inquiries regarding this position can be sent to:
Talent Acquisition Manager
Macalester College - Institutional Overview
Since its founding in 1874, Macalester has provided students with the inspiration, insight, and experience to become successful and ethical leaders. Located in St. Paul, Minnesota, Macalester enrolls nearly 2,100 students who come from virtually every state and 91 countries. Macalester is committed to being a preeminent liberal arts college known for its high standards of scholarship and its special emphasis on internationalism, multiculturalism, and service to society.Macalester is proud of its longstanding commitment to social justice and creating a safe environment for all people regardless of sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, gender, religion, age, or ability. Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities and women.BenefitsMacalester employees enjoy a fantastic benefits package and working environment that is second to none. Please visit http://www.macalester.edu/employmentservices/benefits/ for more information about benefits at Macalester College.Our Commitment to Safety in response to COVID-19:For the safety of our community, Macalester requires all employees to have received a COVID-19 vaccine. Should a newly hired employee be unable to receive the vaccination for either medical or religious reasons we offer accommodations and assistance.Questions or concerns about this process should be directed to Bob Graf, Director of Employment Services, at [email protected]