Job no: 494291Summary of Position:
Work type: Staff Full-time
This is a full-time, 12-month, staff appointment in the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. The Admission and Marketing Coordinator Doctor of Medical Sciences (DMS) Program is responsible for the following: (1) serve as a liaison between the DMS Program and external affiliates (students; MPAS preceptors; institutions who employ clinically practicing physician assistants); (2) coordinate the admission and recruitment of students; (3) advise doctoral students in course registration; (4) assist with marketing efforts of the program, including participation in national conference exhibit/vending and DMS Program social media campaigns; (5) serve as an administrative assistant to faculty; and (6) provide customer service representation on behalf of the college with the goal of maintaining quality relationships.
- Serve as program administrator and main contact for all admission related activities and communications. Maintain DMS admission related lists, files and Enrollment Management databases. Participate in DMS student recruitment at local, state, and national conferences. Work with program director to identify new student recruitment/ admission opportunities (events).
- Assist Program Director with University level marketing efforts of the program. Serve as a key contact to promote programmatic expansion with students and institutions. Marketing efforts will include some nights and weekends. Assist with programmatic marketing, including social media, website, and updated departmental admission materials.
- Coordinate programmatic paperwork to maintain accurate accounting for those MPAS preceptors eligible to receive tuition discounts. Present final report to be reviewed and approved by program director. Communicate findings to College and University Financial Aid regarding those discounts. Work with DMS Program Director and University Registrar staff to establish student groups for purposes of assigning tuition pricing.
- Work with DMS program director to file, track, and maintain student progress in the DMS program. Provide assistance with advising student.
- Work with faculty and program director to maintain data files for purposes of programmatic assessment and evaluation.
- Provide assistance to DMS administration and faculty.
- Provide customer service representation on behalf of our college.
- Maintain consistent alumni outreach efforts, including departmental newsletters and conference development / event planning.
- Support college in cross-functional capacity.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Business and /or Marketing and/or Healthcare Administration, and/or Communications.
- Marketing experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with external members in writing, in person, and utilizing telephone/ Zoom.
- Ability to interact effectively with administration, faculty, staff, alumni, and students.
- Strong organizational ability and proficiency with Microsoft suite
- Willingness to learn new management platforms and systems, including Slate and Canvas.
For additional information about the DMS Degree program please visit: https://www.butler.edu/pharmacy-health/doctor-medical-science/degree/
Advertised: March 23, 2022
Applications close: Open until filled