Universities of Canada in Egypt (UofCanada) is a new premier institution of higher education situated in the heart of the new Egyptian administrative capital outside Cairo. UofCanada was created via recent Presidential and Parliamentary decrees and acts as the branch campus for Canadian Universities. Currently hosting University of Prince Edward Islands Cairo Campus, and Ryerson University Cairo Campus. UofCanada offer an incredible opportunity for someone looking to advance their skills in a more senior role of the Registrar’s office and invites professional candidates to submit their applications for the position of Assistant Registrar.
Assistant Registrar will be reporting directly to the Student Affairs Director of the UofCanada, Position holder will be responsible for responsible for developing short and long-term operational plans, and enrolment service goals and objectives in alignment with the vision of the Universities of Canada’s academic plan and enrolment strategy, particularly with respect to student records, retention and progression.
The roles for these positions are expected to excel in accomplishing the following responsibilities:
- Oversee admissions and manage the course registration and academic standing processes.
- Determines admissibility, transfer of credit, and residency for new and readmitted undergraduate students; classifies and places students into appropriate faculties.
- Advises students and families regarding educational opportunities and options, admission and other requirements, policies and procedures, transfer of credit, and financial assistance, as appropriate.
- Contributes to the institutional database of prospective/potential and current students in the country.
- Prepares reports and proposals and responds to inquiries from students and approved external agencies.
- Provide administrative management in the student information system for the delivery of programs and course offering.
- Coordinate the exchange of academic information between the Universities of Canada and the international branch campuses. Implement and maintain a concurrent degree audit system to ensure compliance with branch campus degree requirements.
- Advise the Student Affairs Director on impending issues.
- Manage the official student record.
- Confirm enrollment accurately for university purposes. Assist in the planning of convocation ceremonies, open houses, and other university-wide events. Manage student requests for transcripts and enrollment verification. Assist faculty, staff and students with interpretation of academic regulations, registration, and progression policies. Meet with students, faculty and staff as required for issues resolution. Respond to queries, meet with students/parents as required. Prepare correspondence as required. Handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
- Hiring and training new employees within the admissions and registration
- A university bachelor’s degree in a related field, with a master’s preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in the Registrar’s Office, including 1-2 years in a supervisory role.
- Proven ability to work productively with a variety of stakeholders and dedication to customer satisfaction.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills.
- Effective interpersonal and influencing skills; including the ability to build relationships, network, and communicate effectively across cultures.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with a clear, concise, and persuasive writing style.
- Ability to multitask, adapt, problem solve, work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and have an attention to accuracy and detail.
- Fluency in oral and written English. Working knowledge of Power Campus student information system and Bullet Solutions scheduling software will be considered an asset.
- Additionally, an ability to speak additional languages will be considered an asset. Ability to work evening and weekends on occasion, when required.
Formal applicants for the available position should send a cover letter, including CV, the names of at least two references, and write in the subject of the email Assistant Registrar: [email protected]
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
UofCanada will be providing expats for this position special package including competitive take-home salary and benefits of a separate fully furnished accommodation, air tickets, medical & Health insurance coverage, as well as local transportation from and to work.