Faculty - Visual Arts, Studio (adjunct)Classification Title:
Part Time FacultyMin Salary:
E = ExemptPosition Type::
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is seeking part time instructors to teach various art studio courses to majors and to non-majors.Faculty Required Education/Experience Skills::
We encourage candidates with a Drawing/2D emphasis to apply but all media will be considered.
Potential to teach lecture courses such as Art Appreciation as needed.
Master’s degree in Visual Arts (MAFA, MFA, etc.) must be earned prior to August 1st, 2022.Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities::
Expertise in a studio discipline required.
Must be able to complete administrative tasks and email on-time. Must be able to submit a thorough syllabus and semester course plan for each course taught. Must be organized and responsible.Department::
Lib Arts - Fine Arts / Art, Drama, and Music Work Hours::
12/16/2022Open Until Filled:
NoDuty and Responsibility::
1. Successfully prepare, manage, and deliver course content in order to achieve course objectives, accommodate diverse learning styles, and meet student learning outcomes.Duty and Responsibility::
2. Actively engage students and provide prompt feedback in an objective, respectful, and effective manner.Duty and Responsibility::
3. Communicate and follow course syllabus content in accordance with directions provided and administrative guidance.Duty and Responsibility::
4. Work collaboratively with the College’s support services to identify and address the students’ academic support needs.Duty and Responsibility::
5. Utilize College technology for the delivery of instruction and completion of operational processes; this includes but is not limited to the College’s learning management system, email and calendaring solution, document management system(s), student information system, and employee portals.Duty and Responsibility::
6. Meet deadlines, including maintaining and submitting accurate class records, employee records/requests, and other assigned tasks.Duty and Responsibility::
7. When applicable, ensure laboratories are appropriately stocked with required supplies and equipment is in safe operating order.Duty and Responsibility::
8. Facilitate a positive, student-centered, and professional environment among students, faculty and staff.