Open Rank Professor, 12 Month Salaried (Geriatrics - Medicine) Location:
Tallahassee, FL Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Geriatric Medicine - College of Medicine
Florida State University College of Medicine (FSU COM) is seeking to fill a full-time faculty position, at the rank of either Assistant, Associate or Professor in the Department of Geriatrics.
- Provide primary and consultative care of older adults.
- Medical Student, Physician Assistant and Resident education.
- Participate in scholarly activities.
- Administrative duties as necessary to further the mission of the College of Medicine.
Rank is commensurate with experience. This position is not tenure-earning.
Applicants must have a doctoral degree (MD or DO) from an accredited institution; a demonstrated record of achievement in teaching, academic research, and service; and professional goals which are consistent with the mission of our community-based medical school, as described on our website www.med.fsu.edu.
Additional specific qualifications include:
- Successful completion of an approved U.S. Residency Program in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine.
- Valid Florida Medical License or the ability to obtain licensure.
- Currently hold a Certificate of Added Qualifications in Geriatrics Medicine, or if a new graduate, provide proof of passing the certifying exam within 12 months of hire.
- DEA License, or the ability to obtain a DEA License.
Experience teaching medical students preferred.
Paul Katz, MD
Chair of Geriatrics
One of the nation's elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. Founded in 1851, Florida State University is the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida. FSU is a community steeped in tradition that fosters research, encourages creativity, and embraces diversity. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Learn more about our university and campuses.
FSU Total Rewards
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs.
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific Faculty job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://hr.fsu.edu/facultyjobs. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include education details even if attaching a Vita.
This position requires that you have three confidential professional letters of recommendation submitted on your behalf. Follow the steps below to request these letters through our system:
1) After submitting your application, click the Careers link;
2) Click the My References link;
3) Click the Send/View Reference Request button next to the appropriate position; and
4) Follow the steps on that page to send your references a system generated email requesting they submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf.
You may also return to the My References link and click on "Send/View Reference Request" to see if your references have responded, add additional references, or resend requests.
This is a Faculty position.
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting.
This position is being advertised as open until filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be accessed at: https://hr.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/upcbnu2186/files/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf.