Compensation:$15.75 - $19.69Openings:1PeopleSoft ID:10174 Formal review of applications begins: Oct 31, 2022Department:SecurityLocation:MidtownKey Position Information:
Able to work multiple sites, various schedules (holidays,days,nights, weekends). Have a Security D License & valid drivers license. Able to do emergency call ins, walk/stand for long periods of time, people skills and capable computer skills.
Incumbents patrol and inspect the campus and provide safety and security related services to all students, staff, faculty and visitors as necessary. Responsibilities may include patrolling campus; responding to calls for assistance; locking and unlocking facilities; assisting citizens with battery jumps, lock-outs, escorts and other services as needed; monitoring security cameras; providing crowd control for events; directing traffic; issuing traffic citations; and maintaining records of all activities and issues. Incumbents may be assigned to monitor a specific facility, such as a parking garage or to a dispatch function.
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
Two years experience providing security.
* An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job may be acceptable in lieu of those requirements listed above.
- Security principles and techniques;
- Applicable Federal, State, and Local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and procedures;
- Modern office equipment;
- Customer service principles;
- Electronic surveillance equipment;
- Recordkeeping principles;
- Computers and related software applications.
- Monitoring facilities to ensure security and safety;
- Applying applicable laws, rules, regulations, codes, and procedures;
- Providing customer service;
- Reacting quickly and calmly in emergency situations;
- Maintaining operational records;
- Using a computer and related software applications;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with subordinates, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction.
- Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motion.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Incumbents may be subjected to odors, dusts, poor ventilation, and extreme temperatures.
Security Officer "D" License.
Valid Driver's License.
These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.
Secures campus and deters crime by performing foot patrols, bicycle patrols, and/or vehicle patrols of campus facilities, which includes: patrolling parking lots to prevent thefts from vehicles and crimes occurring in vehicles; locking and unlocking classrooms, offices, and other campus facilities; monitoring surveillance cameras; directing traffic; and performing related activities.
Monitors entries to buildings; checks identifications; conducts safety checks of building interiors.
Issues parking tickets; maintains related records of crimes, injuries, incidents, and traffic accidents.
Provides assistance to citizens, which may include: jumping batteries; unlocking cars; providing driving directions; escorting individuals; communicating campus policies; providing general information in person and over the phone; and performing related activities.
Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.