Safety Inspection Mechanic Faculty, Part-Time (non-credit) (Adjunct Faculty Pool)Requisition Number:
The Corporate Solutions Department at the Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to increase our pool of trainers with experience teaching adult learners in the Automotive Services field in Safety Inspection Mechanic Training.Specific Responsibilities:
Corporate Solutions provides credit and noncredit education to businesses, organizations, and individuals wishing to enhance their skillset and meet educational goals. We offer a comprehensive menu of high quality continuing education and career-training programs brought to you by our expert faculty and staff. Corporate Solutions delivers programming through the following business lines: Continuing Education and Career Training, Contract Training, Corporate College, Small Business Training – Center for Small Business & Power Up Your Business, and Workforce Testing.
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students have passed through our doors seeking associate’s degrees, certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent of our graduates remain in the area and seek employment, strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers skilled and their companies competitive.
*Applicant credentials will be kept on file until 12/31/2022.
• The ability to deliver Pennsylvania Department of Transportation curriculum for Safety InspectionMechanic training.Minimum Qualifications:
• Incorporate appropriate teaching-learning strategies, technologies, and assessment methods forevaluation of student learning.
• Demonstrate a sense of connection and responsibility for helping the College to achieve success through a commitment to its mission, vision, and values.
• Demonstrate appropriate use of existing technology to further learning for students. Incorporate instructional technology to support the learning process.
• Communicate effectively, share vision, focus on people, initiate positive change, value differences and foster collaboration. Work with and inspire others to achieve college, department, and individual success. Proactively identify/address problems.
• Establish an inclusive environment in the classroom. Demonstrate an understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of the College’s faculty, staff and students.
• Manage the learning environment with a student-centered focus. Implement diverse teaching and learning strategies that accommodate the learning styles of students.
• Strive for excellence in teaching, applying best practices in field of discipline, and modeling behaviors that encourage student success and retention. Recognize the unique needs, culture, and context of students and advocates for their learning and well-being.
• Qualified candidates must have a current Pennsylvania State Safety Inspection Mechanic license.Preferred Qualifications:
• A minimum of one-year formal teaching experience. Other forms of instruction and training will be considered.
• At least 5 years’ experience as an Automotive Service Technician
Main CampusSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
All new employees will be required to submit proof of their primary COVID-19 vaccination series as a condition of employment by their hire date absent a valid exemption. Booster shots are strongly encouraged, but not mandated.Salary Grade or Rank:
Adjunct FacultyPosition Type:
FacultyEmployment Status :