Assistant Professor - KinesiologyAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
Health & Human PerformanceProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the “My Experience” page has a section provided “Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)” to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
- Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document, instead please email HR for help.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required upon acceptance of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
If you need assistance, please contact us at HR.Hiring@tamuc.edu
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach 12 hours (or equivalent) of undergraduate and/or graduate courses in health and human performance per semester, including but not limited to biomechanics , first aid and safety, introduction to nutrition, macronutrients, individual exercise instruction, sports conditioning, and optimal performance nutrition.
- Maintain quality programming in terms of expectations for activity, quality instruction, and record keeping.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with entities related to facilities and equipment.
- Coordinate and facilitate all human performance labs, including the monetization of lab facilities.
- Advise human performance students.
- Chair theses committees, both graduate and undergraduate honors college
- Engage in service within the human performance community and serve on departmental, college, university, and professional committees.
- Continue established line of scholarly research in, and seek outside funding for, research areas of markerless motion capture analysis and first responder resiliency
- Perform other duties as needed, related to the overall mission of the department, the college, and the university
- Maintain and calibrate lab equipment, i.e., ParvoMedics Metabolic Cart, Velotron, Bertec Force Plates, DARI Motion Capture System, WHOOP Heart Rate Systems, Hologic DEXA, Lode Cycle Ergometer, Monarck Cycle Ergometer, COSMED (K4b2b and K5 Models), Strain Gauges, and Kinvent Force Plates
- Doctorate in Exercise Physiology, Biomechanics, Kinesiology, or related field.
- At least 7 years of experience teaching university-level exercise science courses, specifically biomechanics.
- At least 4 years of experience working with professional athletes, Olympic athletes, collegiate athletes, first responders, and tactical personnel in real world settings and research settings.
- At least 3 years of experience in using DARI Motion Markerless Motion Capture
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- At least 4 years of experience in sports nutrition and sports performance
- At least 4 years of experience in data analysis for daily athlete performance measures platforms
- Experience in the monetization of lab facilities to serve professional athletes, collegiate athletes, community entities, and first responder agencies
- Experience in heart rate variability application in first responders and tactical populations
- Has established professional and research connections to first responder departments across the Dallas – Fort Worth Metroplex and tactical/military populations nationwide
- Experience running OGTT, ELISA, YSI, spectrophotometry, PCR, Western Blot, and or blood draws for biochemical analysis
- Participated and or chaired undergraduate and graduate student research committees and projects
- ACSM Certifications, NASM, NSCA, or other advanced certifications and licenses, Personal Training Certificate or Experience
- First Aid and CPR Instructor Certification
- Knowledge and application of advanced statistical design, analysis, and modeling using SPSS including: ANOVA, ANCOVA, MANCOVA, Chi-Square, paired t-tests, linear regression analysis, Pearson r correlation, and Data Envelope Analysis - Malmquist Productivity Index.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.