Administrative Coordinator for Undergraduate AdmissionsAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
Undergraduate AdmissionsProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the “My Experience” page has a section provided “Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)” to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document. If you need assistance with this or any other matter, please contact us at HR.Hiring@tamuc.edu.
The Administrative Coordinator for Undergraduate Admissions manages the Welcome Center front desk concierge services by providing timely and professional responses received by phone, email, or in-person from students, their families, the community, and other constituents who inquire about the steps to enrollment. The Administrative Coordinator for Undergraduate Admissions delivers excellent customer service and maintains familiarity with Texas A&M University System, state and federal regulations, and procedures while ensuring integrity and effective utilization of data for student information and determining access rights to such information, understanding University, and external (e.g., FERPA) policies. The Administrative Coordinator for Undergraduate Admissions supports the Campus Visits program (daily tours and group visits) for prospective students and their families and shares in the supervision of the Lion Ambassadors tour guides and front desk operations, staffing, and service.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and interpret Admissions policies, operating practices, administrative and technical procedures related to enrollment in support of inquiring prospective students and their families.
- Monitor compliance with policies and procedures and make recommendations for process improvements, administrative changes, or new initiatives.
- Performs special analyses and project summaries. Supervises the creation, maintenance, and retention of office files and records.
- Handle all Famis, Canopy, and AggieBuy, Concur travel transactions for the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Coordinates travel arrangements and prepare itineraries. Coordinates meetings, seminars, and other special events and may provide on-site support. Receives, coordinates, and processes departmental invoices and service agreements.
- Coordinate the maintenance of files, records, office supplies, and equipment.
- May act in place of supervisor on official Undergraduate Admissions business. On occasion, may be responsible for communications either in writing or in person during meetings.
- Prepare and route paperwork for hiring, terminations, and reclassifications as well as creating all EPA documents for personnel.
- Hire, train and supervise student workers and manage outgoing mail services for Undergraduate Admissions.
- Provide support to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions in respect to staff schedules, committee membership, and office meetings.
- Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Remain competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses/conferences, and attending training and/or courses required by the supervisor.
- Contribute to the overall success of the Offices of Undergraduate Admissions by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or high school diploma/GED or the equivalent and two years of administrative support or secretarial experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Two (2) years of related experience are required. Working knowledge of or the ability to learn and use database applications, customer relationship manager (CRM) system, and other systems or applications that may be used within the University or division is required. The ability to operate and troubleshoot electronic office equipment, computers, and peripherals is required. Effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to: Multitask and work cooperatively with others. Work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality. Organize and set priorities, maintain records, interpret and prepare reports and compose memoranda and letters. Work a flexible schedule beyond normal hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, which may include weekend hours, is required.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: None
- Physical Requirements: Ability to sit for extended periods during scheduled shifts.
- Other Requirements: None
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
A degree is preferred. Proficiency with FAMIS/CANOPY, WorkDay, LaserFiche, SharePoint, Ellucian-Banner, and Concur is preferred. Administrative support experience within an academic unit/division in higher education is preferred. Experience in maintaining, monitoring, and reconciling financial records and accounts is preferred. The ability to lift 30 lbs. and travel between multiple locations for off-site work assignments are preferred.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.