Assistant Football Coach Tracking Code838-280Job Description
Reporting to the Head Football Coach, the Assistant Coach is responsible for all administrative and organizational aspects of his positional assignment. Preference will be given to those applicants who have experience coaching tight ends and wide receivers. He will directly supervise all student-athletes playing his assigned position. He must operate within the guidelines of an NCAA Division I non- scholarship football program and within the mission of the University and its philosophy of intercollegiate athletics. He will guide and actively encourage student-athletes to succeed academically, acquire a degree and represent the University with the highest integrity. The coach will assist in the development and administration of all offensive/defensive/special teams game plans and the materials necessary to execute them. The coach is also responsible for the recruitment of student-athletes, adhering to NCAA, Conference and University regulations with regard to recruiting, admission standards and eligibility, monitoring student-athlete academic progress, and assist in the establishment of effective media relations. The coach will play a role, as assigned by the head coach as a representative of the University to the outside community when appropriate.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Positional Assistant Coach, direct involvement with all administrative and organizational aspects of the assigned position under the supervision of the Head Football Coach.
- Execute all coaching assignments including filming, film breakdown, video editing and all administrative responsibilities
- Supervise assigned positional student-athletes in a coordinated and planned program of practices and competition, with a concern for the players’ health and welfare, physical and psychological preparation
- Responsible for recruiting academically and athletically qualified student-athletes to meet the University’s admission standards and enrollment goals.
- In cooperation with the Associate AD for Compliance, and Associate AD for Academics, uphold all University academic policies and assist, when appropriate, in counseling student-athletes relative to academic success, progress and eligibility
- Enforce University and athletic department policies and regulations in regard to the use/abuse of alcohol and drugs by team members
- Foster and maintain positive student body and faculty relations with student-athletes
- Participate in public and alumni relations and promotions activities as assigned by the Head Football Coach.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining positive relations with the media
- Maintain current knowledge of and adhere to all University, NCAA and Conference Rules and Regulations, Policies and Procedures paying special attention to recruiting, eligibility, admissions and financial aid
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree
- Excellent computer skills - Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, admissions and financial aid officers, fellow employees, program boosters, and the public.
Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record as determined by the University’s auto insurance carrier.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree and previous college coaching and recruiting experience are preferred
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Working knowledge of video and recruiting software and social media is required
- Previous college coaching and recruiting experience are preferred
Salary Grade: 2
Completed COVID-19 Vaccine status required
Job LocationDeLand, Florida, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular