Assistant Professor of Mathematics - Non-Tenure TrackJob Description:
As a part of diverse community of faculty and Staff who represent many faith system and worldviews, the Department of Mathematics at Marian University in Indianapolis, IN seeks a dynamic and innovative leader for the position of full-time, non-tenure-track Assistant Professor in Mathematics to teach developmental, service, and general education mathematics courses. Teaching-focused candidates in any area of mathematical sciences are encouraged to apply. The appointment shall begin in the fall of 2022.
The Department of Mathematics at Marian University Indianapolis is a collaborative academic community committed to fostering student engagement, problem solving, and communication. The department offers degrees in both Mathematics and Computer Science in order to develop transformative leaders for service to the world in a variety of areas of business, government and education. The department recognizes the breadth of people, thought, and experience that contribute to research, education, and related professions in the mathematical sciences. We welcome everyone interested in mathematics, statistics, computer science, and related fields as we work to build a community that is diverse, respectful, accessible, and inclusive. We are committed to ensuring equitable access to opportunities and resources for people of any race, ethnicity, religious belief, gender identity, age, economic background, disability status, or any other social or physical component of their identity. Through our curriculum, our classrooms, our scholarship our outreach to the community and ourselves we seek to acknowledge and carefully address existing biases, barriers, and uses and abuses of power and privilege. This commitment to reducing discrimination and promoting diversity and inclusion is rooted in the Franciscan Values of Marian University, which make social justice an indispensable part of our calling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values and honoring the legacy of the founding congregation through transformative education, unity in diversity leadership through service, integrating faith and life, and institutional policies.
- Teaching Load: 24 credits per academic year.
- Share in the ongoing development and implementation of department and college activities and projects.
- Engage in scholarship and other professional activities.
- Participate in the life of the campus and university service, including participation in faculty governance and co-curricular programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Master’s degree in mathematics, statistics, or closely related field.
- Demonstrated potential for excellence and innovation in student-centered instruction.
- Experience working with students at varying levels of abilities.
- Demonstrated interest in curriculum and program development.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player who can collaborate with colleagues of diverse backgrounds.
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion that ensures all types of students can succeed.
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Posting Number:
P067FNumber of Vacancies:
1Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please Review Marian University’s Mission & Identity Statement before responding to the supplementary questions on your application:Quick Link for Internal Postings: