Adjunct Faculty – Applied Mathematics Job Description Summary Florida’s newest state university is looking for exceptional candidates to serve as Adjunct Professor for face-to-face, part-time instruction in the following courses:
- Precalculus (MAC 1147)
- Calculus 1 & 2 (MAC 2311 & MAC 2312) Job Description
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- College-level teaching experience with entry level mathematics courses such as college algebra, trigonometry, precalculus, and calculus
- Some knowledge of current best practices in mathematics instruction to include active learning methods and appropriate use of technology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A master’s degree in mathematics or a closely related field
EXPECTED STARTING SALARY: The salary will be commensurate with years of teaching experience:
- 1-5 years: $4500 per 4-credit course
- 6-10 years: $5000 per 4-credit course
- 10+ years: $5500 per 4-credit course
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE:
- Positions are open until filled (or recruitment cancelled). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
- Employment is contingent upon proof of the legal right to work in the United States. This proof must be provided prior to employment at the University. An appointment is not final until proof is provided.
APPLICATION PROCESS: All Applicants are required to submit the following in PDF format to the Florida Polytechnic Careers Website:
- Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- List of at least 3 professional references (names and contact information)
- Unofficial copy of the Ph.D./M.A. transcript
Florida Polytechnic University is an equal opportunity/equal access institution. It is the policy of the Board of Trustees to provide equal opportunity for employment and educational opportunities to all (including applicants for employment, employees, applicants for admission, students, and others affiliated with the University) without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or genetic information.
Special Instructions Regarding Attachments:
Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be sure to attach all required documents in the Resume/CV field before continuing through the application. Once your application has been submitted, no changes may be made and additional attachments will not be considered.
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline.
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of the job announcements.
This position requires a background check, which may include a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute §435.04.