Executive Assistant I, College of Arts and Sciences
- University of San Diego
- San Diego
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Clerical & Administrative Support
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Executive Assistant I, College of Arts and Sciences
Posting #: 4052
As the liberal arts heart of the University of San Diego, the College of Arts and Sciences is filled with students who are versatile and multi-talented. No matter their major, graduates from the college are equipped with transferable skills that benefit them wherever their professional and personal ambitions lead.
Founded in 1949, the college has a rich history of providing the core curriculum for every undergraduate USD student, a tradition that continues today. By offering 29 majors, 37 minors and 3 graduate programs, the college is where undergraduate students begin and graduate students refine their paths towards academic excellence and personal achievement.
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
The executive assistant organizes, manages and coordinates all administrative efforts in support of the department and serves as the primary contact for university personnel, students and parents, and external contacts including the general public. The executive assistant supports the chair in all aspects of department management including monitoring the budget. Administrative support for faculty includes photocopying, ordering supplies, and other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
Maintain regular functions of department office:
- Answer or direct general inquiries by phone & email
- Greet and direct visitors
- Serve as the first point of contact for students
- Receive and sort mail
- Coordinate deliveries and technical services
- Order department supplies using university protocols
- Ensure department facilities are maintained as needed
Budget and Operations:
- Keep budget records to ensure spending is aligned with budget allocation
- Process faculty expense reports and other accounts payable forms
- Access budget information through Workday
- Process part time faculty contracts using Docusign
- Coordinate background checks for new employees
- Orient new faculty and staff to office procedures
- Maintain and audit the department website, including faculty biographical information, consistent with University Communications standards
- Curate department social media accounts and align with College communication outreach
- Coordinate marketing efforts for department sponsored events with College marketing team
- Coordinate department newsletter and/or other communication and/or promotional materials
- Organize department level student and/or faculty events (i.e. Honors Society Ceremony, Invited Speakers, Film Screenings, Lecture Series, etc.) as needed
Supervision of Work Study student:
- Supervise work-study student activities
- Approve time cards
- Delegate tasks; provide performance feedback and mentoring
- Advertise positions and hire work-study students, as necessary
Special Conditions of Employment:
The University of San Diego is requiring all employees to follow our Covid-19 vaccine requirement process. https://www.sandiego.edu/onward/
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
- Requires HS Diploma and four years of experience or Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in a position that requires critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Proven record of superior customer service skills and a commitment to keep improving those skills
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated capabilities of maintaining confidential information and handling sensitive data with discretion and tact.
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple tasks, deadlines, and time constraints in a calm and effective manner.
- Takes initiative in all performance areas
- Detail oriented, independent thinker and worker who has the ability to make appropriate judgment calls as needed on a case-by-case basis, as well as work in a team environment.
- Proven ability using computers for business/accounting applications.
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Word, Excel, Power Point, Google office systems, Cascade CMS, Workday, DocuSign
$18.82 - $22/hour; Excellent Benefits
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University, and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Special Application Instructions:
Resume Required, Cover Letter Preferred Click 'Apply Now' to complete our online application and, for full consideration, please upload a resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. You are also strongly recommended to upload a cover letter to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at [email protected]
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Advertised: February 07, 2022
Applications close: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://jobs.sandiego.edu/cw/en-us/job/495830/executive-assistant-i-college-of-arts-and-sciences
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-28e5bf1c852bb3438e9375f0fcd6a507
The University of San Diego is a Roman Catholic institution committed to advancing academic excellence, expanding liberal and professional knowledge, creating a diverse and inclusive community, and preparing leaders dedicated to ethical conduct and compassionate service.
Located on 180 acres overlooking the city of San Diego, Mission Bay and the Pacific Ocean, the campus is a community treasure, with Spanish Renaissance-inspired buildings and breathtakingly beautiful landscapes.
Chartered in 1949, the university enrolls more than 7,000 students and is known for its commitment to teaching, the liberal arts, the formation of values and community service. In less than 60 years, the University of San Diego has grown from a local college with 50 students and a handful of professors to a nationally ranked university. This achievement is the direct result of a single, unwavering expectation: academic excellence.
USD offers more than 60 bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees. The university adds depth to education by inspiring students to grow spiritually, morally and socially. The breadth of programs and depth of facilities means that students can easily find a course of study that ignites their intellectual fire. In the classroom, coursework across disciplines encourages students to develop their critical thinking skills.
Small class size means the instructors know their students and can stimulate curious minds with anything from participation in a research project to an after-class discussion on topic. Instructors welcome the free exchange of complex ideas in an environment of tolerance and civility. In this environment, students begin a lifelong habit of appreciating and cultivating their individual gifts.
To complement this instruction, the university's Honors program provides a challenging curriculum for USD's uniquely motivated students. The university also holds memberships in several honor societies, including Phi Beta Kappa.
While intellectual growth is key, USD adds depth to the education experience by inspiring students to grow spiritually, morally and socially. An active faith community invites widespread student participation. In the classroom, study is accompanied by an examination of ethics and values University of San Diego students inquire freely and challenge ideas, exercise moral, spiritual and social judgment, serve others, and contemplate social justice in their lives and in their chosen fields. These students are truly educated. These students achieve excellence.
Students, faculty and staff are active members of the community, volunteering time and expertise, fostering friendships, and working to preserve the region’s unique character. With a population of more than 7,500 students and approximately 2,000 employees, the university impacts the life of the area economically, politically and socially. In turn, the university welcomes the community to participate in campus life, through classes, special events, sports, forums and tours.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert