Adjunct Faculty English, Middle College
Date: November 28, 2021
Title: Adjunct Faculty - English, Middle College
Position number: 732
Work schedule: Fall and Winter Semesters
Reports to: Department Head or Program DirectorGeneral Information
Essential Job Functions
- The College is interested in seeking candidates to teach English courses in the fall and winter semesters at our Middle College Sites in Michigan. High school teaching experience is preferred. A criminal background check will be conducted on all finalists prior to employment with Grand Rapids Community College.
JOB SPECIFICATIONSEducation and Credentials
- Maintain accurate course records and submit related reports as requested.
- Effectively assess student performance.
- Create a safe and inclusive learning environment for students.
- Utilize multiple strategies to facilitate learning, i.e. small group work, workshops, etc.
- Incorporate new technologies and methods that enhance teaching and learning into his/her instructional methods.
- Support the Department and College through other work normally expected of adjunct faculty members.
- Master's Degree in English or a closely related field.
- 18 graduate credits in the discipline.
- Successful teaching experience preferred but not required.
- High School teaching experience preferred.
- Successful teaching experience at a Community College preferred but not required.
- Experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and with varying academic skills.
- Participation in professional development and/or continuous improvement activities in order to remain current in the field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to perform routine and unexpected duties with minimum supervision.
- An understanding of and appreciation for the community college philosophy and student population.
- An interest in teaching college-level material to high school students as part of a middle college or dual enrollment program.
- An interest in working with diverse student populations, who represent a wide range of age, ethnicity, national origin and ability.
- Interest in and willingness to work with changing instructional technologies used in and out of the classroom.
- Willingness and availability to work a flexible schedule.
- High energy level with enthusiasm and interest in helping and supporting students, staff, and the general public.
- Ability to work under pressure while possessing mature judgment and flexibility in regards to interruptions and schedule changes.
- Must use good judgment in handling sensitive or difficult situations in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Must have the physical capacity for lifting up to 25lbs.
Method of Application
- Classroom environment in an academic setting.
Grand Rapids Community College is only accepting online applications for this position via our website at https://www.grcc.edu/jobs
Please include your resume and cover letter in one document; unofficial transcripts; and three letters of recommendation, which you may upload yourself (instructions here
) or have your supporters e-mail to [email protected]
Individuals with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Grand Rapids Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Grand Rapids Community College creates an inclusive learning and working environment that recognizes the value and dignity of each person. It is the policy and practice of GRCC to provide equal educational and employment opportunities regardless of age, race, color, religion, marital status, sex/gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, height, weight, national origin, disability, political affiliation, familial status, veteran status or genetics in all programs, activities, services, employment and advancement including admissions to, access to, treatment in, or compensation in employment as required by state and federal law. GRCC is committed to reviewing all aspects of GRCC programs, activities, services and employment, including recruitment, selection, retention and promotion to identify and eliminate barriers in order to prevent discrimination on the basis of the listed protected characteristics. The college will not tolerate any form of retaliation against any person for bringing charges of discrimination or participating in an investigation. Further information may be obtained from the EEO Office or the Office of General Counsel, 143 Bostwick Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503-3295.
To apply, please visit: https://jobs.grcc.edu/psp/job/EXTERNAL_APPLICANT/GRCC_HR/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=732&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency