Program Coordinator, Innovative Medicines Accelerator
Dean of Research, Stanford, California, United States
Stanford ChEM-H is an interdisciplinary institute focused on connecting Chemistry, Engineering, and Medicine for Human Health. The institute was founded as a joint venture of the Schools of Medicine, Engineering, and Humanities and Sciences. The proximity of world-class biologists, chemists, engineers, and clinicians at Stanford presents a unique opportunity to study human biology at a molecular level, to translate this knowledge into groundbreaking discoveries that advance our understanding of and ability to improve human health. Stanford ChEM-H has partnered with Stanford Medicine to launch a bold new translational research initiative - Stanford's Innovative Medicines Accelerator (IMA). IMA aims to accelerate the translation of scientific discoveries at Stanford University into new therapeutics that impact human health while improving our understanding of human biology.Our VPDoR Diversity Journey:
- We create a hub of innovation through the power of diversity of disciplines and people.
- We provide equitable access and opportunity to all members of the community in order to do their best work, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- We listen to and value all colleagues who bring diverse perspectives to the advancement and development of a respectful community.
- We promote a culture of belonging, equity, and safety.
- We embed these values in excellence of education, research, and operation.
The Program Coordinator will provide management and coordination of administrative and operations-related functions under the general supervision of the Scientific Program Manager which include; updating and releasing new request for proposals (RFP), scheduling meetings for reviewing RFP applications and regular project updates, maintaining the project management database to allow for real-time tracking of research progress and develop analytics and tracking tools to assess research programs supported by the IMA Drug Discovery and Prototyping program.
In this position, you will be a member of the Stanford ChEM-H operations team supporting the IMA and its Drug Discovery and Prototyping program. You will work closely with faculty, industry partners, and internal stakeholders to implement and administer the vision, strategy, and goals of a series of alliances and research initiatives. You should be comfortable working with highly technical scientific faculty, staff, and students; have experience supporting complex programs; and have excellent time management and organizational skills. If you are a proactive self-starter, comfortable with autonomy, and embrace opportunities to tackle new problems and challenges as part of a dynamic team in a start-up-like environment in an academic setting, come join us at Stanford ChEM-H!CORE DUTIES:
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:Education & Experience:
- Independently implement, administer, and evaluate day-to-day activities of the unit, function or program by identifying and executing tasks and objectives, making recommendations that impact policies and programs, and assigning resources to achieve the goals of the program.
- Collect and analyze data using project management software, create reports, review, and explain trends; formulate and evaluate alternative solutions and/or recommendations to achieve the goals of the program or function.
- Analyze and interpret program processes; develop, revise, and implement procedures for program or function.
- Represent the program or function as the key contact and subject matter expert within the department, unit or school. Commit resources and provide information and/or training. May also represent the program or function to external/internal stakeholders and constituencies.
- Organize and/or participate in outreach activities that may include developing communications and training, planning/promoting events and/or conferences.
- May participate in monitoring of project budgets. May perform limited forecasting and provide recommendations that determine the budget.
Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize own work and multi-task.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment routinely and independently in making decisions.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work with project management tools.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.WORK STANDARDS:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sitting, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh 11-20 pounds.
Why Stanford is for You
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture
and unique perks
empower you with:
*The Job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or proram needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.*Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/2943635
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency