Adjunct Faculty - Accounting and FinanceAgency
Texas A&M University - Central TxDepartment
College of Business AdministrationProposed Minimum Salary
Killeen, TexasJob Type
The College of Business Administration (COBA) at Texas A&M University-Central Texas welcomes highly qualified applicants for our adjunct pool in the areas of Accounting and Finance. We offer courses at our Killeen campus, Hutto, Rellis (College Station), by remote broadcast to the Texas Department of Criminal Justice units at Gatesville, and wholly online.
- Master’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related discipline and 18 semester credit hours related to the subject area taught
- Must be able to provide quality instruction at the undergraduate and/or graduate level in a range of Accounting, Finance, or related courses
- Earned terminal degree (PhD, DBA) in the discipline or related discipline (such as a JD for law and taxation)
- Relevant certifications, such as CPA, CMA, CFP or CIA
- Industry experience
- Collegiate teaching experience, including online
- Publications or other significant scholarship
Compensation is on a per course basis and factors include the location of the course, modality (face to face or online), degrees earned, and other qualifications. The minimum pay is $3,000 per section.
About the University
A&M-Central Texas is a regional teaching institution that prides itself on excellence in instruction, but also embraces a growing emphasis and recognition in research. A&M-Central Texas is unique as an upper-level institution offering just the junior and senior-level coursework needed to successfully complete baccalaureate degrees, and all coursework leading to the completion of master’s degrees. It is totally dependent on transfer students, primarily from three major community colleges.
A&M-Central Texas is located on the southern edge of Killeen, TX, about 60 miles north of downtown Austin. It is a great place to live with minimal traffic and a low cost of living generally. Austin was recently named the best city to live in according to U.S. News and World Reports for the third consecutive year with Killeen itself coming in at 101st. The university is also about a three hour drive from Dallas, three and a half to Houston, and two to San Antonio.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.