Adjunct Faculty - Management & EconomicsAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
Management & Economics - MGECProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
The Department of Management & Economics at Texas A&M University-Commerce seeks to establish a pool of qualified applicants for part-time adjunct faculty appointments. The appointments are for one semester and positions are open until filled; the appointment can be renewed as dictated by student demand and departmental needs.
The candidates should have an understanding and knowledge of multicultural issues, and their potential applications to pedagogy, programming, and service activity.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Three professional references with complete contact information.
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach up to seven semester credit hours (up to two (2) courses) within the required discipline. Instruction may be delivered on-campus, off-campus, or online and may be during the day and/or evening as dictated by student demand and departmental needs.
- Develop and manage the class syllabus and ensure that the syllabus meets department and college standards.
- Plan and create lectures, in-class discussions, and assignments.
- Assess grades for students based on participation, performance in class, assignments, and examinations.
- Assist/mentor students as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- For undergraduate courses: Master’s degree with at least 18 graduate hours in the field
- For graduate courses: Master’s degree with at least 18 graduate hours in the field (and extensive work experience) OR a terminal degree in the field of study.
- Experience: Demonstrated expertise in the subject area.
- Knowledge / Skills: Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to: Multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- Candidates who hold current relevant professional credentials.
- College or University teaching experience.
- Evidence of teaching excellence.
- Prior relevant industry experience.
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations.
- Online or hybrid teaching experience.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.