Adjunct Faculty - CID Organizational LeadershipAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
College of Innovation and DesignProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
The College of Innovation and Design at Texas A&M University-Commerce seeks to establish a pool of qualified applicants for part-time adjunct faculty appointments. The appointments are for one term and positions are open until filled; the appointment can be renewed as dictated by student demand and departmental needs.
The candidates should have an understanding and knowledge of multicultural issues, and their potential applications to pedagogy, programming, and service activity.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Three professional references with complete contact information.
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach three semester credit hours per 7-week term in the fully online competency-based education (CBE) format within the required discipline.
- Respond to student inquiries within 24 hours and provide timely feedback on assignments, assessments, and evaluation to facilitate student progression through competencies and other course materials.
- Facilitate courses by adhering to the standard course syllabus as provided by the Associate Director of Academic Programs.
- Assess grades based on the standard course materials, assignments, competencies, assessments, etc., as provided by the Associate Director of Academic Programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Master’s degree with at least 18 graduate hours in the field is required to teach undergraduate courses OR a terminal degree in the field of study or closely related is required to teach graduate courses.
- Knowledge / Skills: Proficient with computers and Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to: Multi-task and work cooperatively with others. Work with minimal supervision.
- Other Requirements: Position will require work after business hours and on weekends.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- Candidates who hold current relevant professional credentials.
- College or University teaching experience.
- Evidence of teaching excellence.
- Prior relevant industry experience.
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations.
- Online or hybrid teaching experience.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.