Assistant/Associate Professor - NursingAgency
Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
NursingProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the “My Experience” page has a section provided “Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)” to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
- Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document, instead please email HR for help.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required upon acceptance of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
If you need assistance, please contact us at HR.Hiring@tamuc.edu
Texas A&M University-Commerce is seeking two outstanding candidates for tenure-track positions in our Nursing Department. These 9-month positions seek educators for our bachelor’s and masters’ programs. Tenure-track faculty provide expert guidance for students in the undergraduate and graduate programs in the classroom (face to face and online), clinical laboratory and clinical settings.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teaching, scholarly activity and service consistent with rank
- Advising and mentoring students
- Working collaboratively with faculty and staff to implement departmental programs
- Maintaining a current understanding of changes and trends in the discipline and effective pedagogical practices
- Education: Doctorate in Nursing or related field (completed by end of first year). A master’s in Nursing.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: For Assistant Professor: 5 years practice as a RN or APRN. For Associate Professor: Minimum 6 years teaching experience with above average student teaching evaluations; recognized as a leader in the field by peers. Scholarly publication record or demonstration of scholarly potential commensurate with rank and track. Practice or teaching experience in one of these areas: Maternal-child, pediatrics or psychiatric mental health.
- Ability to: Work cooperatively with faculty, staff, and students, as well as people from culturally diverse backgrounds to meet accreditation and industry standards.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: Texas RN license or ability to obtain.
- Physical Requirements: None
- Other Requirements: None
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- Experience teaching academic nursing
- National certification as FNP
- Online and face-to-face teaching experience.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Supervises adjunct faculty teaching in the program.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.