Texas A&M University - CommerceDepartment
Curriculum And InstructionProposed Minimum Salary
Commerce, TexasJob Type
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process the “My Experience” page has a section provided “Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)” to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document. If you need assistance with this or any other matter, please contact us at HR.Hiring@tamuc.edu.
The Assistant Professor is held in Curriculum and Instruction Department in the College of Education and Human Services. The person in this position will be responsible for, but not limited to, teaching secondary education courses, secondary STEM education courses and field supervision of clinical teachers. Field supervision may require travel around the DFW area. Beyond teaching, this person will conduct and maintain a research agenda and conduct applicable service, as required by the department.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach Secondary education courses, which may include early field experiences.
- Supervise Clinical Teachers in the northeast Texas region.
- Work in the East Texas Center with the Secondary team for seminars and professional development of Clinical Teachers.
- Teach pedagogical content pedagogy knowledge to pre-service secondary teacher candidates..
- Work with partner districts to seek early field experiences for pre-service secondary teachers.
- Advise students seeking secondary STEM certifications.
- Maintain a research agenda.
- Education: Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction or related field, with a Master’s Degree in Secondary Education
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Must have 3 or more years in teaching a STEM subject for a middle school/high school in Texas.
- Ability to: Ability to multitask and work cooperatively in a team.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: Texas teaching certificate for secondary level in a STEM area (mathematics, chemistry, biology, physics, or consumer sciences).
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- Prior Experience teaching undergraduates in a teacher education program.
- Supervision of early field experience for undergraduates in a teacher education program.
- Clinical Teacher Field supervision experience.
- Knowledge of edTPA.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Titles of positions supervised (Administrative Coordinator, Assistant Director, Student Workers, Graduate Assistants, etc.)
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.