Beloit, Wisconsin, 53511 Description
The Financial Aid Office is responsible for evaluating the aid eligibility of applicants and enrolled students and ultimately disbursing institutional, state and federal funds in accordance with well-established policies. It also acts as a critical partner with other offices on campus around the stewardship of institutional resources, compliance with federal and state financial requirements and reporting to internal and external parties.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides support in the day-to-day operations of student financial aid services that includes administering a financial aid program while ensuring compliance with all funding source requirements.
- Assists Director with awarding of incoming and continuing students. Assists Director with the establishment of the packaging formulas and algorithms, as well as the creation of the financial aid offer letters.
- Manages the data integration with Slate and Jenzabar, as it pertains to prospective student awarding.
- Assists Director with awarding and coordinating Veterans educational benefits.
- Reads, communicates, and administers federal and state regulations and college policies as they apply to financial aid.
- Assists Director in the supervision, management, and training of staff and support employees.
- Maintains expertise in all areas of financial aid so that the department can plan and react positively to changing federal, state, and institutional policies that affect student financial assistance.
- Assists in collaborative efforts with other administrative and academic offices, committees, and individuals in formulating up-to-date procedures and practices related to financial aid.
- Advises students and parents regarding financial aid programs. Is available to work one-on-one with students/families to assist with FAFSA completion, financing options, etc. Refers students to other institutional personnel, as appropriate.
- Assists assigned staff with verification and eligibility confirmation, with attention to complicated and unusual circumstances.
- Performs professional judgments on a case-by case basis according to institutional policies.
- Assists Director with awarding financial aid in accordance with federal, state, and institutional policies.
- Ensures accurate and timely communications to students and potential students regarding financial aid awards.
- Updates financial aid information on the website as necessary.
- Assists Director with writing and publishing required Consumer Information.
- Assists Director with SAP evaluations and sends appropriate letters to affected students.
- Reviews all students who cease attendance during the academic year and performs R2T4s when necessary.
- Assists in coordination of accurate and timely preparation and filing of required state, federal, institutional and other external reports, such as NCAA DIII Annual Financial Report, College Cost Meter, etc.
- Shares responsibility for financial aid presentations for open house programs and high school outreach.
- Assists, as needed, with any admission-related activities; this could include minimal travel and counseling
- Oversees office operations in Director’s absence.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Previous financial aid experience required.
- Experience working with diverse populations preferred; willingness to work with diverse populations required.
- Experience planning, organizing, and prioritizing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously with frequent interruptions is required.
- Experience with or proficiency in use of PowerFAIDS is a plus.
Because equity and inclusion are central to our students’ liberal arts education and vital to the thriving of all members of our residential learning community, Beloit College aspires to be an actively anti-racist institution. We recognize our aspiration as ongoing and institution-wide, involving collective commitment and accountability. We seek employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity.
Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit attracts students from across the United States and the world. The college emphasizes excellence in teaching, learning beyond the traditional classroom, international perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. It is recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives.
How to Apply
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Begin Your Application