Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Guided by an ethic of Vincentian personalism and professionalism, DePaul compassionately upholds the dignity of all members of its diverse, multi-faith, and inclusive community. We seek to hire collaborative, open-minded, and dedicated professionals who are committed to advancing our university mission to making education accessible to all, with special attention to including underserved and underrepresented communities. Successful candidates thrive in an environment where ideas and perspectives representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds and experiences are welcome and supported. The Highlights
The Compliance Analyst conducts research, training and compliance reviews to ensure operational, legal and regulatory compliance by the university. The Compliance Analyst works with internal and external subject matter experts, as well as academic and administrative management, to design, deliver and monitor both in-person and Web-based compliance training for all university personnel. The Compliance Analyst conducts needs assessments and evaluations to measure instruction, learning, and compliance program effectiveness. Is This You?
- Based on regulatory and legal compliance requirements, (i.e., Federal government, State of Illinois, FERPA, Sarbanes-Oxley, the Federal Sentencing Guidelines, the Freeh Report), design, develop, and deliver in-person and on-line training programs, including learning modules, blended learning and instructor led courses, training materials, resources and assessments (participant workbooks, tests/quizzes, job aids and visual aids).
- Track compliance with training requirements for all university employees.
- Plan and conduct compliance audits/reviews and coaching sessions for multiple functional areas, including the completion of all required analysis, communication, documentation, and reports. Identify compliance related trends and issues during the ongoing review of monitoring plans and compliance audits/reviews.
- Communicate identified compliance issues to the appropriate individuals and stakeholders (management, Internal Audit, Human Resources, Office of the General Counsel, Financial Affairs and subject matter experts), especially where policy exceptions are anticipated or noted. Facilitate the development and implementation of solutions with the goal of fostering a university-wide culture of ethics and compliance
- Research and remain current on industry risks and compliance regulations.
- Communicate compliance policies and guidelines to Management and designated departments through training, coaching and support to enhance universal departmental compliance efforts and to ensure effective controls are in place to maintain compliance with the university's Management Standards (policies), Code of Conduct and regulatory requirements.
- Assist with identifying and proposing enhancements to university policies and procedures.
- Assist with the oversight and management of the university's Protection of Minor Children Program and registration system.
- Includes reviewing program registrations to ensure compliance with policy and procedures on a timely basis.
- Also includes program non-compliance communications and reporting. Recommend system enhancements as they relate to changes in the program’s policies and procedures.
- Assist with the oversight and management of the university's misconduct reporting (hotline) system and investigative processes.
- Includes disseminating information in a timely manner for investigations, tracking progress and documenting investigation outcomes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- In-depth knowledge of compliance requirements and standards.
- Advanced abilities and experience with researching topics and analyzing data.
- Experience with creating and documenting policies and procedures/best practices.
- Excellent writing, coaching, verbal presentation and training skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (i.e.,Word, PowerPoint and Excel ).
- 3-5 years of experience with designing and delivering compliance-related training and reviews (or internal audits).
- Experience in higher education or similar not-for-profit setting.
Other Skills & Abilities Required
- Assist management, as needed.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills, the ability to analyze data, processes and situations and independently develop improvement strategies.
- Strong project management skills.
- Some accounting, financial management and/or business management experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to build solid and meaningful partnerships within a professional team and environment.
For consideration, please include a resume and cover letter. Perks:
Required Background Check:
- Working for a stable and well-known University that values diversity and inclusion.
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Generous paid time off, sick time, holidays, floating holidays, and more!
- Matching retirement plan up to 10%.
- Tuition waivers for employees and dependents!
- Full-Time Benefits
- Part-Time Benefits
Employment at DePaul University is contingent on passing a background check. Only final candidates who are extended an offer of employment will undergo a background check. Required COVID-19 Vaccination:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent upon receiving all recommended doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, including the booster, or having a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. To request a religious or medical exemption, please email [email protected] Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect:
Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected. For more information, please visit the following pages: Illinois Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS) Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act Title IX Contact Information
Federal Title IX policy requires that all colleges and universities make known the contact information for the person responsible for coordinating its efforts to comply with Title IX responsibilities. The Title IX Office is on the Lincoln Park campus on the 3rd floor of the Student Center, 2250 N. Sheffield Avenue. The Title IX Office can be reached at 312-362-8970 or [email protected] DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer
. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.