: New Student ProgramsLocations:
: Binghamton, NYPosted:
: Mar 11, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-time TemporaryRef. No.:
: 46887Position ID:
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget Title: Residence Hall Intern (SL-1)
Salary: $6120 total; paid on a biweekly basis (Full-time, Summer temporary)
Dates of Employment:
The official employment dates for this position will be Tuesday, May 31 through Friday, August 5. Hours will be 8am - 4pm on weekdays, with the exception of when Orientation is in session.
New Student Programs is in search of a Resident Director for New Student Orientation in order to assist in the development and implementation of the Orientation program for new students and their families for the summer of 2022. This person will be a member of the Orientation professional staff serving in an administrative and operations role.
- Serve as the central administrator for all residential buildings assigned to the Orientation program including building set-up, clean-up; general correspondences with other departments and maintenance staff
- Participate in residential hall duty coverage on designated Orientation nights
- Secondarily supervise the Orientation Advisors regarding Residential Life policies and procedures
- Responsible for creating and overseeing the Orientation Advisor in-hall work schedule including bulletin board designs, door tags, key assignments and other responsibilities as necessary
- Coordinate training regarding University policies and procedures for Orientation Advisors
- Coordinate and implement procedures and policies for student check-in and check-out
- Responsible for creating and implementing inventory systems including room condition reports, maintenance reporting and facilities issues throughout the Orientation program
- Coordinate billing policies for lost keys and room damage after each Orientation session
- Manage and coordinate all Orientation Advisor and new student room assignments for all Orientation sessions through the online system VZOrientation
- Work closely with Residential Life and other departments in relation to Orientation program to ensure success of program development
- Engage in all aspects of the Orientation program including collaborative work with administrative staff, general correspondence with new students and family members, data entry and general customer service responsibilities for transfer and first-year Orientation programs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Customer service skills
- Computer literacy
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Residential Life and Housing experience
- New Student Orientation and/or transition programs experience
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website https://www.binghamton.edu/offices/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Deadline for Internal Applicants: March 28, 2022
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.