: Computer & Information SystemsLocations:
: Seattle, WAPosted:
: Mar 14, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: ExemptRef. No.:
: 150959Position ID:
About Seattle Pacific University:
Founded in 1891, Seattle Pacific University has a long and distinguished history in Christian higher education. Located just minutes from downtown Seattle, SPU seeks to be a premier Christian University fully committed to engaging the culture and changing the world by graduating people of competence and character, becoming people of wisdom, and modeling grace-filled community. Seattle Pacific University seeks applicants committed to its Christian mission.
As part of our mission of cultural engagement, SPU is committed to building an excellent and diverse staff and faculty. Diversity is an ethos that is inseparable from our Christian faith. At SPU, we recognize diversity as a basic feature of God's creation and a core theme of the gospel. At the heart of our mission-centered commitment to becoming a more diverse community is a desire to represent the breadth of God's kingdom more fully.
We strive to become a workplace of choice and to recruit, develop, and retain faculty and staff who can embrace, value, and engage differences with humility and care. We invite you to join us on our journey by starting a career at SPU! Learn more about SPU's commitment to diversity and opportunities for our employees to deepen their capacity to serve our increasingly diverse student body.
Seattle Pacific University provides reasonable accommodation to applicants. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the application or hiring process please contact the Human Resources Department at (206)281-2809, or email [email protected]. Notification must be given at least five (5) working days before the accommodation is needed.
General Summary: As a Developer/Systems Analyst you will design, develop, and maintain data integrations between enterprise software, middleware, and cloud applications. You will also implement, administrate and support enterprise software systems including configuration, monitoring, and documentation in collaboration with other teams and partners. You ensure business continuity with little downtime and strong security and provide extraordinary customer service and support.
Integration and Automation
- You provide planning, analysis, design, programming, and documentation for integration and automation. You develop SQL, scripts, APIs, functions, programs, and stored procedures to automate processes and to export, transform, and load data.
- You consult with technical and non-technical users to discover business data and integration needs. Study data systems and sources; defining, analyzing, and validating data models; identifying the relationships among data and data systems.
Software Administration and Reliability
- You install, administer, and maintain server-based (Windows and Linux) and SAAS-based software systems and databases (MS-SQL, Oracle, etc.). You conduct systems testing and ensure data integrity. You strive to maintain 24x7 uptime of IT systems and infrastructure through timely patching/updating, testing, monitoring performance/utilization, incident/downtime alerting, and review of system logs.
Collaboration and Support
- You coordinate and communicate system activities and resource availability with internal IT teams and external partners; make system and design recommendations; perform upgrades; work with vendors/consultants as needed. You document practices and systems for knowledge preservation and cross-training. You provide extraordinary technical support and customer service.
- You stay current with industry standard methodologies, tools, and new infrastructure technologies; participate in educational opportunities; read professional publications; maintain personal and professional networks; and participate in professional organizations. You are continually collaborative, incorporating new knowledge and ideas into strategy, policy, and standards.
Data and System Security
- You maintain awareness of security threats in the software industry; perform analysis and give recommendations on how to protect organizational data; and develop solutions to enforce security.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science/Engineering, related technical field or equivalent experience.
- You have at least 1 year experience in software development with a focus on database driven systems. Skills include business needs analysis, software and database design, programming, security administration, testing, documentation, technical user support and the implementation, administration and support of enterprise applications.
- You have a strong ability to learn new technologies and are able to follow best practices and standards.
- You must be able to excel working independently and in a collaborative team environment, professional communication skills, ability to contribute to team discussions: knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions.
- Experience with relational database management systems (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, or similar), database languages (SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL or similar), programming/scripting languages (Java, .NET, Perl, PowerShell or similar) and ETL/API data transmissions methods (CSV, XML, JSON or similar); experience with multiple operating systems (including Unix, Linux, Windows)
- 5+ years of experience is desired. Extensive experience with relational database management systems and data structures; familiarity with systems integration techniques, API development, SOA, and ESB concepts; strong understanding of SQL query optimization tools and techniques and ability to resolve integration performance issues; basic understanding of business intelligence and data warehousing concepts and methodologies; knowledge of ETL, reporting and data presentation methods; Experience with web application servers (Tomcat, Apache, IIS, Oracle WebLogic, etc.)
- Oracle Database or MS SQL Server certification desired.
- Experience using Atlassian products in a work environment is a plus.
Position will remain open until filled.
Salary: $70,000 - $80,000 DOE
This is a full time position with excellent benefits. SPU pays the employee premium for medical, dental, and vision insurance. SPU makes contributions to an employee HSA account and to a retirement account after one year of eligibility in the plan. Tuition discount program available for the employee and qualified immediate family members.
Please submit a cover letter and resume along with the online application.
Please note: All SPU employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to submit documentary proof of vaccination unless an exception applies. For more information, see SPU's Vaccination Requirements FAQs webpage.