Campus Dining is committed to the success of our students, faculty, staff, alumni, and visitors by nourishing them to be their healthy best while caring for the environment. If you are a chef by profession, love to mentor and teach, are a student at heart, and believe that community engagement happens around food, we’d love to hear from you! We welcome team members who share our passion for serving and caring for our community through exceptional dining experiences. In collaboration with our campus partners, we craft culinary programs that deliver unique memorable experiences. Campus Dining brings together expertise in culinary, wellness, sustainability, procurement and hospitality to develop innovative programs in support of our diverse community. Our award winning food program is based on scientific and evidence-based principles of healthy sustainable menus that are prepared by our culinary team with high-quality ingredients.
We invite you to be part of our dynamic culinary team, grow as an individual and make an impact in a place where people, quality and value mean everything.
The Retail Food Service Worker provides customer service within the parameters of departmental standards with regard for speed of service and customer satisfaction. Responsible for all levels of customer service. Prepares the food requirements of a standard menu with concern for quality, appeal, presentation, sanitation, safety, and cost. Responsible for maintaining the kitchen in a clean, safe and orderly fashion.
Starting hourly rate - $18.59
Princeton University is holding a Campus Dining Job Fair!On the spot Interviews for Food Service Worker, Residential Food Service Worker and Cook positions on Thursday, July 28th from 10am-3pmHiring Full-time and Part-time positionsLocation- 701 Carnegie Center Princeton, NJ 08540Beverages and snacks will be provided
While working to meet the Vision and Core Values of Campus Dining with enthusiasm and a spirit of cooperation & teamwork, Retail Foodservice workers prepare and serve menu items with concern for quality, presentation, allergens, cleanliness and HACCP standards. Responsible to welcome and connect with customers in order to provide an engaging customer experience.
· Prepares food items for the menu in accordance with the established recipes, portion sizes, quality, and taste adjustments
· Prepares items with respect to taste and presentation as requested by the customer
· Maintains the kitchen, kitchen equipment, servery and related areas in a safe and sanitary condition at all times. Corrects or reports any safety or sanitation hazards.
· Participates in taking, observing and recording food temperatures and equipment temperatures in accordance with HACCP policies and principles.
· Operate cash register, POS terminal accurately according to departmental procedures.
· Experience with a variety of kitchen and service equipment including char broilers, deep fryers, steamers, ovens, broilers, woks, grills, slicers, choppers, mixers, blenders, various hot and cold beverage dispensers, coffee brewers, espresso/cappuccino machines, flash freezer, and various hand tools.
· Adheres to the policy of “clean as you go.” Assists in the daily, weekly, and periodic cleaning and maintenance duties.
· Maintains the storage areas, utilizing proper storage techniques, including enforcing FIFO (first in/first out) policies for all food product.
· Supports the department’s sustainability initiatives including but not limited to proper recycling and following food donation procedures.
· Adheres to the policies and procedures of the Department of Campus Dining and Princeton University.
· Assists with production, service, and cleanup of special functions.
· Flexibility in working in all related areas and stations relative to the unit
· Cools, refrigerates, labels and properly stores food according to HAAC procedures.
· Represents Campus Dining to guest in a positive, profession manner.
· Attends training as required
· Performs other tasks as directed by University management
· This is an essential personnel position.
Essential Job Functions:
· Stand or walk up to 2 hours at one time for a total of 6-8 hours per day;
· Sit for no more than 2 hours during an 8-hour day, except for cashiers and
card checkers who may sit for 2 – 4 hours at one time for a total of 4 – 6 hours
· Drive for no more than 30 minutes at one time;
· Lift or carry up to 30 pounds in a range of motions from floor to overhead frequently (34 – 66% of the workday);
· Lift or carry up to 50 pounds in a range of motions from floor to chest height occasionally (less than 33% of the workday);
· Push or pull using forces up to 50 pounds occasionally (less than 33 % of the workday);
· Use arms and hands for simple grasping, fine manipulation, pushing or pulling with forces up to 5 pounds continuously (67 – 100% of the workday) and up to 30 pounds frequently (34 – 66% of the workday);
· Bend, squat, kneel, climb stairs, reach overhead, lift overhead occasionally (less than 33% of the work day);
· Work under a range of temperature conditions (e.g., kitchens, walk-in refrigerators and freezers, etc);
· Possess physical agility, full range of motion, and ability to maintain balance
Finalist must successfully complete a pre-employment physical and background check.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours20.00Eligible for OvertimeYesBenefits EligibleYesProbationary PeriodPer union contractEssential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)YesPhysical Capacity Exam RequiredYesValid Driver's License RequiredNoUnion CodeSEU-Service Employees Inter Union #LI-GR1