Data Analyst 1
School of Humanities and Sciences, Stanford, California, United States
The School of Humanities and Sciences (H&S) is the foundation of a liberal arts education at Stanford. The school encompasses 23 departments and 25 interdisciplinary programs. H&S is home to fundamental and applied research, where free, open, and critical inquiry is pursued across disciplines. As the university's largest school, H&S serves as the foundation of a Stanford undergraduate education no matter which discipline students pursue as a major. Graduate students work alongside world-renowned faculty to pursue and shape foundational research that leads to breakthroughs and discoveries that shed new light on the past, influence the present, and shape the future. Together, faculty and students in H&S engage in inspirational teaching, learning, and research every day. JOB PURPOSE:
Under general direction, process a wide variety of analytical data and produce routine, single data sources' information requests.
The Stanford Communication Department is searching for a 95% time Data Analyst for the Journalism Program. This is a two-year fixed term position with the possibility of renewal. Person will report to the Director of the Journalism Program.
Website: http://journalism.stanford.edu/CORE DUTIES*:
- Identify and select usable data from subtle and complex data patterns. Assess and produce relevant, standard, or custom information (reports, charts, graphs and tables) from structured data sources by querying data repositories and generating the associated information.
- Design methods to validate data to ensure high quality product. Explore creative approach to using data based on technical expertise of available data. Distribute reports to applicable agencies, researchers, management and other internal end-users and provide interpretation of data when needed.
- Develop and produce dashboards, key performance indicators, and other recognized metrics used to monitor and report organizational performance. Collect and analyze metric data.
- Collect, manage and clean datasets using an extraction and reporting programming language to ensure data integrity
- Research and reconcile data discrepancies occurring among various information systems and reports.
- Collaborate with data managers to define and implement data standards and common data elements for data collection.
- Identify new sources of data and methods to improve data collection, analysis and reporting.
- May test prototype software and participate in approval and release process for new software.
* - Other duties may also be assigned MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and relevant experience. Experience in a quantitative discipline such as economics, finance, statistics or engineering.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Certifications and Licenses Required: NonePHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS*:
- Basic knowledge and demonstrated experience using and applying analytical software, database management system software, database reporting software, database user interface and query software, and data mining software.
- Ability to collect data using a variety of methods, such as data mining and hardcopy or electronic documentation study, to improve or expand databases.
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple activities in a deadline-oriented environment; highly organized, flexible and rigorous attention to detail.
- Ability to use logic to calculate data; efficiently construct a database or scrutinize the form of a question.
- Ability to work with data of varying levels of quality and validity.
- Demonstrated ability to produce data in a clear and understandable manner meeting user requirements.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple internal and external customers.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, and grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally grasp forcefully, writing by hand.
- Rarely sort/file paperwork; lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
Occasional work on evenings and weekends. WORK STANDARDS:
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classifications and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of their job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Final offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of national criminal background check, national sex offender registry search and, where applicable, driving record.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://apptrkr.com/2935911
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency