Program Assistant (SHORT-TERM, TEMPORARY)
West Valley-Mission Community College District
SHORT-TERM, TEMPORARY STAFF POOL
This recruitment is being conducted to fill temporary assignments for the upcoming semester that can begin as soon as summer 2022. Applications for Short-Term, Temporary Staff pools are continually accepted (unless otherwise specified) by the District and will be added to the application pool for review by hiring authorities on an as-needed basis. Should you be invited for an interview, you will be contacted by a District representative.
To perform routine and specialized administrative support duties related to a specific program; to serve as the initial point of contact for program information; and to provide administrative support to the program director.
This is a temporary, hourly position, with possible assignments located at either WVMCCD campus:
- Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
- West Valley College, Saratoga, CA
Generally, most assignments are Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm. Hours may vary depending on departmental needs.
Salary and Benefits:
Due to the temporary nature of this position, benefits are not included.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Two years of responsible general clerical experience.
- Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
- Perform a wide variety of routine administrative support work including filing, billing, checking, tracking, recording information on records, and processing class roster, enrollment, purchasing, payroll, and training information.
- Sort and file documents and records, maintaining alphabetical index and cross-reference files.
- May serve as initial source of information and assistance to students and program participants; answer the telephone and assist students, district staff, and the public, giving information on program policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain spreadsheets, databases, and other automated systems; compile, verify and format information and data from a variety of sources for statistical and financial reports.
- Schedule meetings, classes, and appointments as assigned.
- Make referrals to services and programs available through other district departments/divisions and outside agencies.
- Compose routine correspondence independently; prepare a variety of contracts.
- Act as program liaison to vendors and outside organizations.
- Maintain ledger of expenses and revenues; calculate, collect, and process fees, charges, and donations; verify and process purchase orders and invoices.
- Assist with program outreach and marketing efforts by preparing and disseminating informational brochures, flyers, and other materials; may participate in outreach events such as college fairs.
- May set up classrooms or meeting rooms and prepare various materials to be used by presenters.
- May assist students with technology-related issues including basic operational issues and/or use of specialized software.
- May assist with program specific duties such as test proctoring and accommodation assistance and recordkeeping.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741–2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency