Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Guided by an ethic of Vincentian personalism and professionalism, DePaul compassionately upholds the dignity of all members of its diverse, multi-faith, and inclusive community. We seek to hire collaborative, open-minded, and dedicated professionals who are committed to advancing our university mission to making education accessible to all, with special attention to including underserved and underrepresented communities. Successful candidates thrive in an environment where ideas and perspectives representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, and experiences are welcome and supported. General Summary
Reporting to the Department Chair, the Clinical Experience Coordinator supports the Counseling Program's clinical faculty, practicum/internship students, and external partner personnel (e.g., internship site supervisors) in the Program's network of clinical sites. Responsibilities & Duties
- Support the lead clinical faculty member in conducting quarterly new clinical faculty and site supervisor training as well as related student orientations.
- In conjunction with the Department Chair, Counseling Program Director, and lead clinical faculty member, monitor and maintain CACREP as well as ISBE quality standards across related aspects of the counselor trainee's practicum and internship experiences.
- Create and maintain Counseling Program practicum/internship record-keeping systems according to ISBE licensing and accreditor (e.g., CACREP) requirements.
- Coordinate the practicum/intern application process, ensuring site and supervisor criteria are met and students are notified about their placements in a timely fashion.
- Develop/coordinate/oversee the NCC examination and ISBE School Counseling Content Exam preparation and training with students.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree in Counseling.
- Experience working with counseling students during their internship process.
- LPC/LCPC or PEL license preferred.
Other Skills & Abilities Required
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of CACREP Professional Practice requirements.
- Skill in developing and facilitating electronic surveys and reporting findings, using MS Office Suite.
- Proficiency in communicating with internship sites (e.g., schools, community mental health organizations, hospitals, private practices).
For consideration, please include a resume and cover letter. Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages: Full-Time BenefitsPart-Time Benefits Required Background Check:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent on passing a background check. Only final candidates who are extended an offer of employment will undergo a background check. Required COVID-19 Vaccination:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent upon receiving all recommended doses of the COVID-19 vaccine or having a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. To request a religious or medical exemption, please email [email protected] Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect:
Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected. For more information, please visit the following pages:Illinois Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS)Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act Title IX Contact Information
Federal Title IX policy requires that all colleges and universities make known the contact information for the person responsible for coordinating its efforts to comply with Title IX responsibilities. The Title IX Office is on the Lincoln Park campus on the 3rd floor of the Student Center, 2250 N. Sheffield Avenue. The Title IX Office can be reached at 312-362-8970 or [email protected] DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer
. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.