Director of Information Technology
Responsible for the leadership and coordination of the information technology (IT) services of the University and has primary responsibility for short and long-range planning of the University’s technical infrastructure to ensure that it supports current and future programming and communications requirements. The individual in this position provides oversight to the management of the University ’s computer software systems, servers, and networks, for the implementation and integration of enterprise systems and associated subsystems, and for IT instructional and operational support activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Full oversite, management, development, and engagement of the University ERP solution (Ellucian Colleague)
- Provides planning, budgeting, leadership, and supervision to the IT department, communicates current and projected needs, requirements, and options in the University budgeting process, and recommends acquisitions and updates.
- Coordinates long-range planning activities for the technology infrastructure of the University, including administrative/student information systems, computer networks, personal computers, video systems, and voice communication systems.
- Evaluates and recommends vendor contracts for hardware, software, and technology related services as needed.
- Establishes standards for desktop computing, user support services and training.
- Directs IT support services including distance education, media services, network operations and services, student computing, and University telephone systems, and ensures a prompt, efficient, effective, and client friendly technical support operation.
- Develops information security guidelines and manages implementation, arranges for needed training and staff professional development, and recommends and drafts policy revisions where indicated.
- Coordinates the activities of institutional research and web services to support the University ’s information and communication needs.
- Provides project management for technology deployment or implementations, is responsible for assuring the maximum availability and reliability of the University ’s technical networks with the resources available.
- Establishes standards for technology hardware, software, and communications protocols.
- Maintains, reviews, and upgrades as needed the disaster recovery plan for the University ’s information recovery services.
- Works collaboratively with other departments to efficiently implement technical installations and upgrades.
- Performs other related tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer information systems, management, or related field required.
- Master’s degree in computer information systems, management, or related field preferred
- Five years’ related experience, including supervisory or management role, or a combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of the position
- Three to five years Ellucian Colleague experience
- Broad knowledge of current communication protocols, operating systems, virtual technologies, and programming
- Technical knowledge and analytical skills to identify complex system issues and coordinate an effective resolution
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and deliver timely, on budget completion of those projects
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with University faculty, staff, administration, and governing boards
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical matters effectively with people of varying skills and background, including board members, supervisors, University faculty and staff, students, and the public
- Sufficient visual acuity and physical dexterity to meet working conditions
Briar Cliff University is an equal opportunity employer.