Compass Communications Department:
Innovation HubJob Description:
Essential Functions:Posting Number:
The Compass Communications Intern will serve as a Compass ambassador, by positively contributing to the Compass vision of deepening students’ sense of belonging and contribution to thriving communities, while crafting meaningful lives filled with curiosity and authenticity. The Compass Communications Intern will share information about Compass programming to both students and faculty/staff mentors and campus partners. The Compass Intern will focus on life skills programming, primarily MiddCORE’s Summer Intern Lab, and will draw from their own personal experience at Middlebury College to create colorful and effective communications.
Hours Per Week: 5
General Responsibilities:• Co-create the overall Compass brand with staff, faculty, and student input with a welcoming, accessible, and inclusive tone. • Assist with communications for Compass life skills programming, primarily focusing on MiddCORE’s Summer Intern Lab.
• Utilize creative methods and create content to reach and engage the Middlebury community (e.g., videos, personalized emails, phone/text, etc.) targeting students, staff/faculty partners, and mentors.
• Develop and sustain relationships with targeted student organizations and affinity groups to boost student engagement with all Compass programming, primarily MiddCORE’s Summer Intern Lab.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:• Able to approach complex problems through the practice of interpersonal skills that promote teamwork and acceptance of diversity of thought regarding goals and priorities.
• Able to uphold meaningful and productive connections between the greater Middlebury community and Compass, and be alert to possibilities for expansion.
• Enthusiasm for the Compass vision and for the goal of engaging students in co-curricular activities and mentoring.
• Persuasive communication skills (oral, written, and interpersonal).
• Comfortable speaking in front of students and in front of a camera. This position may include tabling events and creating promotional videos.
• Reliability and organizational know-how; must be able to manage time and operate in a professional environment.
• An ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Work 5 hours/week for the full 2022 spring semester until May 16, 2022.
Experience:• Eligible candidates must be rising sophomores, juniors or seniors who are in good academic standing.
• Experience with marketing and promotion. Able to assist in social media campaign strategies and creation, and content ideation
Middlebury, VT CampusIs this an academic year or summer position?:
Academic YearOpen Until Filled:
NoQuicklink for Posting: