Custodian (SHORT-TERM, TEMPORARY)
West Valley-Mission Community College District
SHORT-TERM, TEMPORARY STAFF POOL
This recruitment is being conducted to fill temporary assignments for the upcoming semester that can begin as soon as summer 2022. Applications for Short-Term, Temporary Staff pools are continually accepted (unless otherwise specified) by the District and will be added to the application pool for review by hiring authorities on an as-needed basis. Should you be invited for an interview, you will be contacted by a District representative.
To perform a variety of cleaning tasks in assigned district facilities; to assist with room setup for meetings and special events; and to perform minor facilities maintenance tasks.
This is a temporary, hourly position, with possible assignments located at either WVMCCD campus:
- Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
- West Valley College, Saratoga, CA
Generally, most assignments are Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm. Hours may vary depending on departmental needs.
Salary and Benefits:
Due to the temporary nature of this position, benefits are not included.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Two years of responsible custodial experience.
- Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
- Clean and sanitize restrooms, including fixtures, floors, and mirrors; replenish soap and paper goods.
- Pick up refuse from facilities and grounds; empty ashtrays and urns, wastebaskets, and other receptacles.
- Vacuum, sweep, mop, and polish floors and exterior steps.
- Clean stairs, hallways, corridors, walls, moldings, boards, outside steps, windowsills, and other designated areas.
- Clean blinds, radiators, grills, intake and exhaust vents, light fixtures, elevator interiors; polish metal fixtures and handrails.
- Dust, clean and/or wax work surfaces including desktops, furniture, and woodwork.
- Move and rearrange furniture and other equipment, as needed.
- Perform special maintenance projects such as power washing of graffiti, set up for large special events, periodic window washing and/or carpet shampooing, and stripping/waxing of tile floors.
- Read and interpret work orders.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741–2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency