Enrollment & Financial Aid Advisor (SHORT-TERM, TEMPORARY)
West Valley-Mission Community College District
SHORT-TERM, TEMPORARY STAFF POOL
This recruitment is being conducted to fill temporary assignments for the upcoming semester that can begin as soon as summer 2022. Applications for Short-Term, Temporary Staff pools are continually accepted (unless otherwise specified) by the District and will be added to the application pool for review by hiring authorities on an as-needed basis. Should you be invited for an interview, you will be contacted by a District representative.
To perform a variety of specialized technical duties related to admissions and records, and financial aid programs; to provide information to students, faculty, and staff regarding the evaluation and status of academic records and financial services; and to perform a variety of student support services including enrollment processing, degree audit, and processing of financial awards, student loans, and scholarships.
This is a temporary, hourly position, with possible assignments located at either WVMCCD campus:
- Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
- West Valley College, Saratoga, CA
Generally, most assignments are Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm. Hours may vary depending on departmental needs.
Salary and Benefits:
Due to the temporary nature of this position, benefits are not included.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Two years of responsible experience involving student academic records or financial aid.
- Equivalent to an Associate’s degree from an accredited college with major coursework in a business, general education, or a related field.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
- Advise, assist, and provide a variety of technical duties related to admissions, records, athletics, veterans, and financial aid; review application packets and assist students with completion as necessary.
- Serve as the initial source of information and assistance to the public; provide information regarding college schedules, catalogs, policies and procedures, registration and admission processes, matriculation, graduation requirements, transcript requests, financial aid, and veterans or other college programs and services.
- Receive, review, evaluate, and correct errors on a variety of forms, applications, reports and records related to student enrollment, eligibility, and financial services programs.
- Compile, record, input, post, update, verify, monitor and retrieve student data, including grades; assist in the preparation of federal, state, and district reports regarding student academic progress and status.
- Review and document student eligibility for admission, degrees, certificates, transfer, and financial assistance or awards.
- Inform and advise students and their families regarding eligibility and requirements for financial aid programs and scholarships; assist students with completion of required application and documentation; review and evaluate student financial aid files; disburse funds as appropriate.
- Analyze and evaluate the financial need of students using federal and state guidelines; review special circumstances requests and render decisions based on established criteria; participate in financial aid appeals.
- Provide technical expertise regarding student financial aid and scholarships to students, staff, faculty, and administrators.
- Verify eligibility requirements for financial aid and scholarship programs are met; perform monthly disbursement reconciliation; render professional judgment regarding financial aid eligibility adjustments.
- Utilize complex computer programs in the review, processing, recording and verification of statistical data; generate, verify and analyze computer reports to ensure accuracy with established requirements; reconcile financial and statistical data.
- Monitor and troubleshoot problems and issues related to the efficiency of automated financial aid and scholarship system software modules and related databases; serve as key technical advisor and coordinate solutions and recommendations with information systems staff.
- Liaison with office of instruction staff to ensure communication of newly approved programs and certificates through the State Chancellor’s office; ensure timely creation in the student system and program eligibility identification.
- Collect payment for student fees, tuition, and other charges; document, balance and maintain funds according to established and accepted procedures; perform daily reconciliations as needed.
- May receive billing approval for student veterans and other student billing and prepare invoices.
- Establish and maintain student files using a variety of technology systems and software; troubleshoot errors in applicable software and database programs; advise students of status, changes, errors or omissions.
- Generate, verify and monitor computer reports to ensure accuracy and compliance with established requirements; reconcile financial and statistical data.
- Update and maintain a variety of manual and electronic forms and information, including posting information to district and/or college websites.
- Confer with and provide information to counselors, administrators and faculty regarding a variety of student information and records.
- Make presentations to large and small student groups regarding processes, requirements and procedures of area of assignment; assist with outreach events and functions.
- Receive, open, sort, and distribute incoming mail and related forms; process requests for transcripts to and from other colleges and universities.
- Provide assistance and information regarding department policies and procedures, and evaluation and processing of student records; answer questions and resolve issues related to student academic concerns.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741–2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency