Digital Content Specialist (7477U), Summer Sessions & Study Abroad - 32697
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan.
Berkeley Summer Sessions, Study Abroad, University Extension, and Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (SSALLEX) is the trusted educational provider for students at all stages of their academic and professional journeys. As the extended educational division of the University of California, Berkeley, SSALLEX fulfills an essential part of the University's mission to extend access to this world-renowned university's research and scholarship to a global community.
A vibrant, inclusive, and dynamic organization, SSALLEX welcomes 60,000 visiting, current, and potential Berkeley students studying across a wide range of programs, including year-round courses, Fall Program for Freshmen, post-baccalaureate programs, visiting student experiences, study abroad programs, global internships, summer minors, professional certificates, and year-round offerings for older adults. On-campus and online offerings allow students from all across the globe to receive a Berkeley education.
SSALLEX works closely with faculty, academic units, international business partners, parents, and central campus service providers to extend the reach of the university's world-renowned network of instructors, experts, and professionals. We create rich learning experiences to develop skill sets and critical minds and motivate our students to be the change they want to see.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: March 25, 2022.
The Digital Content Specialist will drive revenue & enrollments via electronic newsletters and social media channels. The Digital Content Specialist will be responsible for maintenance, scheduling, optimization and reporting for all organic social media marketing platforms and marketing email communications. The Digital Content Specialist will oversee, write and produce email marketing & newsletters and will be responsible for maintaining email marketing lists and identifying distribution lists for audience targeting. They will also be responsible for bolstering organic social traffic, building a large following of brand-fans, and increasing awareness of Berkeley Summer Sessions (and Summer Sessions programs) and Berkeley Study Abroad, which in turn will contribute to the overall goal of hyper-growth across channels. The Digital Content Specialist will be responsible for communicating the value of social media channels and their impact on revenue, enrollments and any other target KPIs. The Digital Content Specialist will also work on a portfolio of programs ranging from summer courses and programs to study abroad experiences with a focus on implementing, maintaining and optimizing organic content as well as facilitation of community engagement campaigns on all social platforms. The Digital Content Specialist may also create and edit web copy and/or other digital content as needed. As part of the Marketing team, the Digital Content Specialist will also assist with occasional in-person and/or virtual events.
Day to day responsibilities include: developing and maintaining editorial calendar for all social media channels; writing, producing, sourcing or editing text, images, videos, and other media to accompany campaigns; growing, engaging and retaining our brands' followers; working with content producers and outreach team to create, schedule, and promote social and email campaigns; developing and executing social media and email communications that align with overall brand strategy; implementing social and email campaigns that communicate to our various personas; promoting, documenting and assisting with in-person and virtual events for social media; developing social media and email outreach tactics to engage, communicate and retain audiences; identifying trends & audiences through actionable social data & analytics; run A/B tests for organic social posts; communicate opportunities & pain-points to stakeholders; identify opportunities to engage our core audience through social engagement campaigns; tracking progress meeting KPIs, enrollments, revenue, and ROI.
- Manages comprehensive communications programs, including written, visual, digital, and electronic communications.
- Under general supervision, builds and manages marketing campaigns and social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, and potentially additional channels (Snapchat, TikTok, WeChat, etc.).
- Creates and manages email marketing campaigns.
- Advises and consults with departmental / college administration regarding all aspects of communications including developing strong communications strategies that effectively deliver the desired message, policy interpretation, and problem resolution.
- Work alongside content producers and event marketers to create and distribute content that educates and entertains our audiences that are specific to our various personas in order to increase brand awareness and loyalty.
- Identifies specific communications needs and develops the content and process for organizational improvements.
- Listen and engage in relevant social discussions about our brands, competitors and/or industry, including timely communications with customers, brand-new audiences and alumni.
- Ensures production of high quality products that effectively deliver the desired message within budget and time constraints.
- Identify and track KPIs to gauge success and areas of opportunities across all social platforms.
- This includes growth of consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence and A/B testing.
- 1-3 years marketing, content and/or social media experience, with a solid understanding of engaging an audience and growing the user base of a product or brand.
- Understanding of processes, procedures, and applicable rules and regulations for digital communications.
- Solid skills to create, develop, and implement comprehensive long and short term strategic communications plans.
- Knowledgeable in social media posting for business.
- Experience in email marketing and list management.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills, and comfort at regularly reporting key KPI's.
- Knowledge of all aspects of communications, including strategic planning for various media venues, technical aspects and requirements of various venues, and most appropriate and effective applications.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn the organization, its achievements, mission, vision, goals, policies, practices, infrastructure, and a strong knowledge of current affairs, and issues in higher education and / or health sciences.
- Knowledge and skills to advise and consult with management to ensure delivery of the desired message to the target and / or broad general audiences.
- Solid written, verbal, interpersonal communications, active listening and political acumen skills.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Knowledge and understanding of technical applications to effectively direct technical staff, or personally perform technical work, including design concepts, various media, and applications.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn location protocols and channels for communication internally and externally.
Salary & Benefits
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying. Please upload the document in the Resume section, then skip the (optional) Cover Letter upload section.
This is a two-year, 100% full-time, 40-hours per week, Contract (temporary) appointment, eligible for full UC benefits.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=32697&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency